GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm leaving about 5 am from Johnstown, PA to Alb,NM. Looking to either run I70 to Indy, In, then south, or go south on 79 out of PA to Charlston, WV, then over to St Louis and south to Tulsa, etc.
Anything weather wise like hail or high water to worry about right now?

Spend from the 24th till July 3rd in the Rockies then back thru Knoxville to catch a day at wingding.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Gary,

About 5 miles west of Shansville yesterday, a car in front of me on rt30 hit a black bear! Yikes!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bearings

Yes, a week ago a local here told me he had a black bear sitting in the middle of the road eating an ice cream cone someone had thrown out. He just stopped traffic till the bear was done and he left licking is chops. Funny

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm leaving about 5 am from Johnstown, PA to Alb,NM. Looking to either run I70 to Indy, In, then south, or go south on 79 out of PA to Charlston, WV, then over to St Louis and south to Tulsa, etc.
Anything weather wise like hail or high water to worry about right now?

Spend from the 24th till July 3rd in the Rockies then back thru Knoxville to catch a day at wingding.
Can't help you neighbor but wish I was going to miss Thunder in the Valley due to making a trip West. It's another adventure. Take care and have a blast.

Ron

·
Registered
279 Posts
Gary, your stretch through OK looks fairly clear. They're calling for 30% rain/thunderstuff on Thursday. I'm 400 miles down I44 from St. Louis. Holler when you come through if I can do anything for you. I've always got coffee or a cold beer.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ba_loko

Hey, thanks for the update. For sure won't need a beer. I'll probably be bedding down somewhere south/ west of St Louis. I want to get in at least 700 miles the first day so the rest of the trip will go faster.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts