GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was very careful making my route on the Honda Trip Planner website and checked it over before installing it on the bike.
Today as I am on the route, somehow when the route got transferred to the GPS, one way point got moved and wanted me to get off the road I was on.
What got really weird is that the GPS said, "Arriving at Intermediate Destination", then it froze.
I guess it realized it was at the intermediate destination where it was supposed to be, but I wasn't according to the map and it didn't know what to do.
It stayed froze for about 1/4 mile and then it started in with its "make a U-turn here" routine and on and on so I had to terminate the route.
When I got home, I went on the Honda Route planner and it does show this way point with an address on the correct road and I should have been able to drive straight and pass the way point.
Has anyone come up with a fix for the route not copying to the GPS correctly?
It does make planning routes worthless unless there is a way to fix this.
I know there is a way to delete way points, but can you do that while you are on the route?
If I stop the route, it will not allow me to continue or join the route, but instead want me to start all over at the beginning.

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
Yes, you can delete a point while in motion and following a route.

This can be useful if the mapped route was slightly off the path, or if you decide to skip a point (or points) to shorten a trip.

With the map screen displayed press ENT to get the map menu line at bottom of screen (if it's not already there)

Select 'clear guidance'
It will bring up choices:
- one choice is 'clear all route' (cancel guidance)
- others are a list of points it is still guiding towards (ones that you have already been to will not show)
---- highlight and select the one you want to delete (you can only delete one at time, so will need to repeat if there are several you want to skip

page 61 in nav manual has pictures

·
Registered
193 Posts
Take a closer look at Kurviger, the 3rd sticky on top , JMO but is a lot easier than HTP and Basecamp , I have had no issue with the program (Except your typical learning curve) it works very well with the Harmon GPS.
Give it a try!

PBR

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Take a closer look at Kurviger, the 3rd sticky on top , JMO but is a lot easier than HTP and Basecamp , I have had no issue with the program (Except your typical learning curve) it works very well with the Harmon GPS.
Give it a try!

PBR

Thanks, I guess I don't get out much, I had to Google "JMO". :grin2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts