GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to Goldwings and had just found Honda's trip planner when they dropped it. I use a Macintosh and a Chromebook, no Windows at all. Is there some easy to use software out there that will create exportable GPX files? I am also not a fan of subscriptions. I would buy software with a one time cost.

Thanks, Robert.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
I just use Google maps and then enter different waypoints for my route that I can update at fuel stops. Did that for several years when I had the NAVI bike and never had a problem.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I just found kurviger.com. I made a trip that went just 8 miles around my town. I loaded and worked very well. I made the plan then stored it on my computer. I will always have it if this site crashes. If I want to see it before riding it I simply import it onto the site, make any changes I wish, restore onto computer and load it onto the bike. I think it actually is easier to use than trip planner

·
Registered
54 Posts
I used Furkot for 2 - 2500 mile trips that covered 10 states and was able to stay off interstates 95% of the time. Easily exportable to my Garmin 396lmt. Export is free. You can buy a subscription to unlock some more goodies but is not needed to do your basic trip planning and export. Learning curve not that bad. (Basecamp has me stumped)

I will be giving Kurviger a try for my next trip.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I also use a MAC laptop. I have been using Garmin Base Camp for MAC for years and it works very well for me. Just be sure you get the latest Garmin Express before you download Base Camp and maps. Good luck.

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
I'm new to Goldwings and had just found Honda's trip planner when they dropped it. I use a Macintosh and a Chromebook, no Windows at all. Is there some easy to use software out there that will create exportable GPX files? I am also not a fan of subscriptions. I would buy software with a one time cost.

Thanks, Robert.
They must have heard the screams.

It's currently (9/21/2019) back up.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
I just reintroduced myself to Garmin Basecamp.

Found this English chap on youtube that gives pretty intense instructions for MAC users.

Videos are only 2-4 months old, so they are pretty new.

Maybe it will work for others.

Here is the youtube page:

https://www.youtube.com/user/jobybyrne/videos

Reactions: Andy_D

·
Registered
626 Posts
I just grabbed all my rides that I had on there and copied to my computer. Not sure how long they are going to keep the site up, but I now have all my rides saved. I can easily transfer to kurviger.com. I find that site a bit easier to manipulate my way through compared to trip planner.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts