GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my wife is having a nursing conference on April 26-27 2012 in Denver. We live in Georgia and are kicking around the idea of riding our Wing out there. But are not sure what the weather could still be like at the end of April. Could this be something that might work, or is the weather still more winter like?

Thanks
Mike

2,732 Posts
May have to wait

You may have to wait until a week before leaving Georgia, the weather during that time of the year could be anything from snow drifts to sunny and crisp in Colorado. Probably will have nice riding until you get into Colorado, then you could face a real mix of weather. I ride all year around in Northern Colorado but monitor the forecast if I am leaving for Arizona. After going over Raton Pass, NM heading south, it is usually okay. But Colorado is famously unpredictable in April.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I wish this conference my wife has was later in the month of May.

Mike

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
You may have to wait until a week before leaving Georgia, the weather during that time of the year could be anything from snow drifts to sunny and crisp in Colorado. Probably will have nice riding until you get into Colorado, then you could face a real mix of weather. I ride all year around in Northern Colorado but monitor the forecast if I am leaving for Arizona. After going over Raton Pass, NM heading south, it is usually okay. But Colorado is famously unpredictable in April.
:agree::agree::agree::agree:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts