GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gonna take a trip up to the Northeast the last of Sept. into the first of Oct. Won't be able to take the Wing but was wondering what kind of miles average a guy can do there? We're gonna fly into Baltimore and go to Niagara Falls and then across to Bar Harbor. Do I need to plan all day to drive from say Gettysburg, Pa. to Niagara Falls?:thumbup: I'm used to West Texas where you can go 400 miles in a half day. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
400 miles before lunch,AINT GONNA HAPPEN IN CENTRAL PA.the gettysburg area is very congested,i work 25 miles north of there,traffic in this area is slow so be prepared.not as bad as california but bad enough :eek:4: OLE YELLER MBG PA

·
Registered
528 Posts
I did a ride on the wing last year from central Jersey to Niagara Falls NY. It took about 7 and a half hours. Yes it's possible to do it in a half a day but there are a lot of variables to take into account. Just remember Newtons IV law of physics, the shortest distance between two points is always under construction.

Good Luck :thumbup:

·
Registered
714 Posts
Here in Texas we sort of get spoiled by the great distances we can travel in a shorter time. Especially, out on I-10 west where the speed limit is 80 mph. When you get up to New England, expect everything to take twice as long. I used to live in New Hampshire and was really surprised how long it took to get everywhere.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Pennsylvania early October is beautiful and the further north you go, the fall colors will be really cool. Lots of mountains throughout the state, so its not like the West, where one can easily do 800 miles/day. Unless you are in interstates, 3-400 miles is a good day if you plan on enjoying the ride. I will be in central Pennsylvania mid month when the colors and weather are perfect. IMO, Pennsylvania is less known than Tennessee and the mountain roads and valleys are just as nice without the biker crowds.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts