GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Yes ... any degree rake kit will fit; however, this question should really be directed to the manufacture of the trike kit itself. Notice that I did not say to ask the installing dealer. The best rake degree for most kits can also be found on the manufactures web page.

Here is what I find to be true. Many installers will charge you for a "branded" rake kit, but instead they'll install a non-branded or aftermarket kit. The aftermarket kits sell for about 1/2 the price and often only come in 1 generic angle 6.5 deg. These aftermarket kits may not be at all in the customers best interest. However, for the installer, it is much better mark-up.

My advise, insist on the kit your trike manufactures says to use and accept nothing else.
Gregg,
How can I tell if my 5.5* front end is what my dealer claims it is?? (thanks for the suggestion)
Ronnie

·
Vendor
16,045 Posts
3 ways that I know of. See what your triple-tree receipt says, by comparing the looks of yours to other triple-trees that are pictured on various Trike manufactures web pages, or by asking someone who is familiar with the various triple tree types.

I might be able to help if you post a picture of the top bridge.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts