GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Darksiders, we seem to have some moron from Modesto on this forum who constantly wishes to stir the pot. I believe I will nickname this Troll Keyboard Kate.

Keyboard Kate started his BS on the General forum and that got moved to the Hot Box where Keyboard Kate really had his azz handed to him. So now, he is on our the Darkside forum trying to stir the pot.

Keyboard Kate has been quite vocal with all the typical naysayer quotes: What do the bike engineers say about CT usage; what do tire engineers say, etc. Then Keyboard Kate starts talking trash about how ill-handling and unsafe a CT is, and how Darksiders are nothing more than slab runners. Here are a few of Keyboard Kate's pot stirring quotes:

"The issue of having a c/t at a track is that it makes unsafe for the other riders. Bikes running a c/t are just too slow. I hate it when up in the mountains a come upon a bike with a c/t, another bike to blow by!"

Then Keyboard Kate offers up the following challenge:
"Bring it on for a race. I can always use another bitch in my stable."

Then when someone responds let's do it, Keyboard Kate replies:
"As far as a race between you and I, you must surely would win."

There has been more than one person offer to show Keyboard Kate the benefits of a CT in person, but Kate continues to make excuses as to why he cannot.

To those visiting this Darkside forum to obtain information on the Darkside, be aware that all you read is not what is seems....you may be reading a post by Kate, or a Keyboard Kate clone.

BTW Kate, I have sleuthed you out on other message board forums and this message board is not the only place you skillfully practice you pot stirring Trolling activities...so I guess that makes you good at something. Perhaps you should return to those other forums.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I have read a few of those post. However, I believe it is someone who REALLY would like to ride on a CT but has used those words "I would never" amongst people that would know if the rider did try a CT. :p

Makes me no difference who runs what as long as they are riding and enjoying it! :thumbup:

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Is this not the same person that said they had run a C/T on another thread?
True Confession time:

Well now that everyone on the 'Darkside' chimed in, how about someone who has taken a turn. I had a CT on my GW. (I've been a down right snake in the grass) Had it for 3 or so thousand miles. I found all aspects of a CT an advantage except for two. You know when you lean a motorcycle tire you can pretty much go around anything with the proper amount of counter-steering. With a CT the tire wants to stay on the flat edge. So much so that its easier to stand next to your bike and move it. You can ride on the road for long distances with a remarkable less amount of road fatigue because the tire rides on it's flat edge really well. It's making evasive counter steering leans around objects in the road your going to be at a disadvantaged and feel uncomfortable. Turns will always feel funny when the tire rides on it's edge, but you get used to that. It's mushy when you lean so that's why finding the right tire pressure occupies much of Darkside riders time known as the sweet spot. Did I like it, yes/no. Would I do it again, probably not, only if I started to put an enormous amount of miles on my bike and changed tires twice a year. It also depends where you spend most of your time on the flat profile of the tire or making turns or maneuvers around objects is not common enough to make it a drag. I happen to live near the mountains and turns are a way of life. Here's another aspect you should factor into your decision and this one's important; when they mount the tire, the reason it takes so much pressure is because there are actually two ridges the bead has to pass before the bead seats. It takes a huge amount of pressure to get the bead to cross the inside ridge to get to the outside bead. It's not uncommon for the tire to blow during this process because often times it can take pressure in excess of 90-100 psi. The tire comes with a label stating do not mount with pressures higher than somewhere around 40-45 I don't remember. I watched what the installer went through to mount my tire and the whole time I rode it when I leaned or cruised at high speeds the thought would cross my mind of how much structural damage occurred during the mounting process that may cost me my life when I put the tires under performance challenges. Make the decision for yourself, but you never really stop worrying about how much damage was caused to the tire to get it to seat. Yes tires are expensive. Yes I've gone over every question your contemplating. That's my take. A added benefit is how worked up Darksiders get when you mess with them.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Sounds like the fellow we had at the " other " forum C/T threads. Went by the name of Franken#####. Came in like a lion and got one of our hyper member's feathers all ruffled. Haven't heard from him in a week or so.

S

·
0 Posts
I believe I will nickname this Troll Keyboard Kate.
I prefer to refrain from name calling. I out grew that when I was 5.

If someone wants to post against CT's well then that's what they will do. You can read it or delete it, you have that choice.

I personally disagree with much of what is posted here and on the other sections of the board and people don't like it and have the right to say so. I draw the line between conversation and childishness when the name calling commences.

People are people, that's the deal. :cool:

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

If someone wants to post against CT's well then that's what they will do. You can read it or delete it, you have that choice.

I personally disagree with much of what is posted here and on the other sections of the board and people don't like it and have the right to say so. I draw the line between conversation and childishness when the name calling commences.

People are people, that's the deal. :cool:
Thank you

S

·
0 Posts
You are just pizzed because you thought I was talking about you. However, you don't warrant that many key strokes. Now go back and ride your parade.
No I just don't like the 5 year old commentary of name calling. Seems so silly and the spray thing is oh so juvenile. :wrong:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
There are plenty of programs out there for free, why don't you just look up there IP address and pay them a face to face and get things straiten out...

When someone screws with me that's how I handle it...

Maybe ten years ago things were a little different but
guys now days no one is anonymous on the internet...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Too bad, Kate is the one missing the benefits of a CT. Sometimes you just have to take a chance and see for yourself. That's what made me a believer!;)

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Trolling Kate (aka: Richard "Dick" Head), and all others, thrive and become fattened with deep fried replies. Ignoring starves their lifeline and they eventually will slink and slither away. Jus sayin'.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Personally I want to thank all the DARKSIDERS for all the testing and shar
ing of information on this board it helps me and others.:bow:
Mike

·
Registered
182 Posts
Trolling Kate (aka: Richard "Dick" Head), and all others, thrive and become fattened with deep fried replies. Ignoring starves their lifeline and they eventually will slink and slither away. Jus sayin'.
:agree:

Gotta give it to you Wingjammer; you are correct, in psych they call it "planned ignoring." Ignore the behavior and eventually it will subside then cease. Give a crying baby what he wants only teaches him that crying helps him get what he wants. Thanks

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
There are plenty of programs out there for free, why don't you just look up there IP address and pay them a face to face and get things straiten out...

The IP address does not take you to their front door. It only takes you to their service provider.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Personally I want to thank all the DARKSIDERS for all the testing and shar
ing of information on this board it helps me and others.:bow:
Mike
I am with Mike! We are just waiting to get our new tires mounted. Kumho RF on the rear and Metzeler Lasertec on the front! If it were not for the suggestions,recommendations and advice we received on this board, we probably would have went back to a MC tire that would make me (SO) wonder what I'm on top of every time we ride! Will let y'all know how things go as soon as they are on, but anticipate great riding in the near future! Thanks!!! :thumbup: :bow:

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Too funny.

Someone points out childish, disruptive behavior and... gets called childish for his observation.

In the age of the internet the widely used term "Troll" describes disruptive, non-constructive, baiting behavior.
Pointing out this behavior, and suggesting that the person is not interested in actually contributing anything substantive isn't name calling -- unless identifying a Mallard as a duck is name-calling.

or is that a duc?

As someone else has posted, I hope that folks who come to the Darksider Board for general information or with specific questions are able not to be confused by disruptive disinformation disguised by ducks.

"Thousands of riders with tens of millions of miles of actual experience... but what do we know?"

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Too funny.

Someone points out childish, disruptive behavior and... gets called childish for his observation.

In the age of the internet the widely used term "Troll" describes disruptive, non-constructive, baiting behavior.
Pointing out this behavior, and suggesting that the person is not interested in actually contributing anything substantive isn't name calling -- unless identifying a Mallard as a duck is name-calling.

or is that a duc?

As someone else has posted, I hope that folks who come to the Darksider Board for general information or with specific questions are able not to be confused by disruptive disinformation disguised by ducks.

"Thousands of riders with tens of millions of miles of actual experience... but what do we know?"
For a general definition of an internet troll, see:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

If the shoe fits...

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
MAN! I knew I was behind the times. I didn't get through that until I was 11!:oops::oops:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts