GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are many times that I try to use the find places feature to try to locate an address, and it cannot find the street I am looking for.
Yet if I zoom in on the area I am looking I can find the street.

What am I doing wrong?

Mapsource 6.10.2 CN 7

·
Registered
202 Posts
You are probably doing nothing wrong. I have found many streets, towns, or locations misspelled or entered wrong some other way. Normally, once you find the area, you can see why it didn't show up on the search. For instance, I can't find the town I live in by typing in the city by the right spelling.............If I add an "S" on the end, it is there. They did misspell the name. The problems with many streets are similar problems. Street names change and don't get updated from one system to the other and many other problems...........again, it is probably NOT you.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doberman said:
You are probably doing nothing wrong. I have found many streets, towns, or locations misspelled or entered wrong some other way. Normally, once you find the area, you can see why it didn't show up on the search. For instance, I can't find the town I live in by typing in the city by the right spelling.............If I add an "S" on the end, it is there. They did misspell the name. The problems with many streets are similar problems. Street names change and don't get updated from one system to the other and many other problems...........again, it is probably NOT you.
today I was looking for "S 4th St" Find places would not find it.
yet,when I look for it,here it is,just as I spelled it

·
Registered
202 Posts
Well, I still say it is not you because I couldn’t get it to recognize any address on “s 4th st” or any of the number streets in that area. I was able to get an address on other streets in the town. Out of curiosity, I tried to find an address in Microsoft Streets and Trips and it found the address……….so we are back to the same……..the problem is Mapsource and not the operator but I don’t know why. Maybe Jon will have an idea???

I was curious so I went out to the bike and did an address search directly on the GPS (Garmin 2720)………..found an address on S 4th st with no problem. I definitely feel it is a glitch in Mapsource.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hardrock said:
Try entering 4th street and leave the S off and see what it will do.
It finds "exit 4" on I-405. It is just a programming glitch in Mapsource. It has happened to me other times too. Once I find the real address by "looking" at the map, I establish a "waypoint" at the address I want.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Could be a couple different reasons including purposefully done...sometimes known as copy traps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts