GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everybody,

I've got a friend that just bought his first Goldwing. It's a 2002 with 68,000 miles and he neglected to take me with him. The rear lights don't work when you activate either the front or rear brake and their is no sound whatsoever coming out of the speakers. We've looked to insure the speakers were set to external and according to him, the seller told him that they haven't worked since he replaced the battery recently. I understand the filter was recently changed and I'm thinking that a connection underneath the dashboard was not reconnected on that job which is where I suggest he start looking. Anybody have any other suggestions that we may be overlooking? Thanks, Gean

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,536 Posts
Try pulling out fuse #22, labeled "battery", wait a few minutes and reinstall it, then try the radio again.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Speakers/Breaklights

Thanks. I'll pass the word on and get back to you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Speakers / Brakelights

I pulled the #22 fuse out and waited and replaced it and nothing happen. Tomorrow I'm going to break the bike down to see if a wire is not connected. I saw a earlier post that talked about something similar and it was the the c15 connection.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,536 Posts
Does your turn signals work? If so, the ground wire in the C15 connector is OK, but the power wire going to the brake lights could be the issue in the connector. Sorry the fuse thing didn't work, sometimes it works and sometimes not. The problem may be more than just a system reset. Goodluck with the connector under the seat. :thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts