GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got on a pc put in my SanDisk thumb drive which is a 3.0 GB formatted it. Went to the Power Sport website downloaded the files to the computer and transferred them to the thumb drive. Per the instructions I plugged in the t.d. turned on the ignition and waited for the message "Do you want to update" all I got was a message under USB that said "Defaultring" the other screens appeared normal.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Did you format the thumbdrive to NTFS? It's a different format than what you use to listen to music, but the instructions say to make sure NTFS is used for updating.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey RiderGuy57, You know when I bought the thumb drive I stuck it in my Mac and I don't remember it asking to format. I left clicked the drive and it said something about fat32 I believe, anyway I highlighted all programs and deleted them so that the drive was clean. If I would of put it in a PC would it of made a difference?

·
Registered
470 Posts
So I got on a pc put in my SanDisk thumb drive which is a 3.0 GB formatted it. Went to the Power Sport website downloaded the files to the computer and transferred them to the thumb drive. Per the instructions I plugged in the t.d. turned on the ignition and waited for the message "Do you want to update" all I got was a message under USB that said "Defaultring" the other screens appeared normal.
The file is 8,466,720KB so I don't see how you could have fit it on a 3G thumb drive. Sounds like you got a partial download and the bike doesn't recognize it.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Apple's macOS can read from Windows-formatted NTFS drives, but can't write to them out of the box without a 3rd party software. If you have a windows PC format on it.
Here is the link to the instructions if you don't have them. https://powersports.honda.com/goldwingupdate.aspx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts