GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some imput from anybody that has had these installed on thier Goldwing
thanks

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I've got the top trunk spoiler but not any others. It gives you a high third stop light. Other than the brake light, it just looks nice. They are plug and play but you have to drill 5 holes in the trunk lid to mount them.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think you are talking about the trim that fits underneath the trunk and saddlebags.

I have the trunk under spoiler on my 2005 CBC and also on the 01 IR before. I like the looks of the additional trim and I use it to hide the helmet locks and LED lights mounted tehre.

On the 01 IR, I also added the saddle bag spoiler. What a waste of money. They are less than 1/2 inch larger than the normal trim.

My opinion, get the trunk spoiler not the saddlebags spoilsers.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I got the saddle bag spoilers by "accident" LOL When I was sitting at the sales desk getting the "safety" chrome list to install on my bike the salesman (sorry ladies but it was a guy) entered the wrong part number.

When I went to pick up the bike - no trunk spoiler but I had the saddlebag ones. I must admit it is one of those mistakes that came out OK. I would do the saddlebags again because it just adds a nice flare to the saddlebags.

I don't have the trunk under spoilers - but have many times thought about having it added.

The nice thing is the dealer only charged me parts for the trunk spoiler and did the installation gratis.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DaveinOmaha said:
I think you are talking about the trim that fits underneath the trunk and saddlebags.

I have the trunk under spoiler on my 2005 CBC and also on the 01 IR before. I like the looks of the additional trim and I use it to hide the helmet locks and LED lights mounted tehre.

On the 01 IR, I also added the saddle bag spoiler. What a waste of money. They are less than 1/2 inch larger than the normal trim.

My opinion, get the trunk spoiler not the saddlebags spoilsers.
If by any do you have a photo that you can share so I can have an idea of what to expect?
thanks

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dan18960 said:
I got the saddle bag spoilers by "accident" LOL When I was sitting at the sales desk getting the "safety" chrome list to install on my bike the salesman (sorry ladies but it was a guy) entered the wrong part number.

When I went to pick up the bike - no trunk spoiler but I had the saddlebag ones. I must admit it is one of those mistakes that came out OK. I would do the saddlebags again because it just adds a nice flare to the saddlebags.

I don't have the trunk under spoilers - but have many times thought about having it added.

The nice thing is the dealer only charged me parts for the trunk spoiler and did the installation gratis.
If by any do you have a photo that you can share so I can have an idea of what to expect?
thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts