GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed Lighted Trunk and Saddlebag molding inserts from Show Chrome, however the lights is blowing off one by one. Where can i get better and lasting compatible lights. I complained to them but to date there is no reply.Help!!!!! :evil: :x :x :x :x :x :x

·
Registered
837 Posts
It sounds like you got one of the early versions with the regular light bulbs in them. They've since gone to LED's, which work much better.

Owners of the first version could buy an update kit containing LED replacement light strips. I think it cost us $18 or something like that.
Before the replacement, I had the same problem as you. Everytime I'd ride the bike, another bulb or two would go out. After installing the LED's they've worked perfect and I haven't lost one yet.

Contact Big Bike Parts, http://www.bigbikeparts.com/ and tell them about your troubles and see what they have to say. They're email address is on the website. I no longer have they're 800#.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Love Mine

I love my lights, they are the LED's

·
Registered
810 Posts
Return the ShowChrome, buy Kuryaykn

I have NO doubt that you'll see a bunch of posts from people saying they love their Showchrome lights, no problems, etc, etc.

I like some of their stuff, but wouldn't buy anything electrical from them. If you gave it to me, I'd sell it to someone else.

I've heard nothing but headaches from people with Showchrome components. Primarily the ring of fire type items but also with their lighted items. Their stuff just seems to burn out quickly or in the not too near future.

I've also compared a lot of their chrome finish to Kuryaykn and they cannot hold a candle to Kuryaykn.

That's my opinion, but I know I'll get blasted for it.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Mike C,

If someone gave you some of Showchromes' lights, you would sell them?

I hope atleast at a deep discount. Me, I would give them to someone who could not afford a set, or needed a set. I don't think that I have ever sold a gift.

Bulldog

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I'd have to agree that is sounds like you have the old bulbs.

Get the LEDs and you should have no problems.

I got the Show Chrome lights because I liked the style and light pattern of them. They were (IMHO) the best looking lights available.

But, as I have heard from many others, I'd like some color matched ones. I have seen the ones made by the guy who's name I can't remember right now (lol), but don't like the round hole style.

They definitely light up your rear!!!

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Jeffery,
For another option, go look at http://www.winglites.com. These are custom lights which are priced between Show Chrome and Kuryakyn. You send in your own moldings, and Ted will insert LEDs into them according to your specs and return them. Very high quality work and Ted is fantastic to deal with. It's fun to have lights that are high quality AND unique.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
My set with the LEDs had to be filed down where the corners interlock on the trunk set. Half on the latch width, and half on the red lense. Not much, but if not done they would have snapped for sure. Did any one else have similiar problem. Working well, not really visible in daylight.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Mike

Hey Mike nobody is gonna blast ya for your opinion ? Or they shouldn't anyway. But I do know how you feel tho, if I get a bad product I really get down on it too. But you have seen by a couple of examples that we have had no problems with show chrome lights. Just maybe they have improved there products, at least I now try to give a product the benifit of the doubt. The price of all the kury products is very high in my opinion, and the quality of some of there products does not justify the price. But hey, thats just my opinion and it isnt a big deal. My opinion isnt going to put kury out of buisness ! LOL.......... :angle1:

·
Registered
276 Posts
Bulldog said:
Mike C,

If someone gave you some of Showchromes' lights, you would sell them?
Not me man, I'd tape a dollar bill to them and throw them away, at least that way I could say I lost something that was worth something...

·
Registered
90 Posts
Kury chrome quality???

I have been on this board for over a year now, and one of the biggest compaints I constantly read about is the quality of Kury chrome, and it's pealing, rusting, etc...... I myself haven't had any problems with Showchrome or Kury, so I guess I've been lucky.

:yw1:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts