GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished putting on a spoiler and I can really relate to someone else who siad he was nervous when he drilled the hole. I dont know what that trunk lid costs but I am sure its major $$$ Has anyone else noticed that after you place the template, and before you drill, you can take your finger and feel a very sharp point in the tupperware with a circle around it where the holes are to be drilled? I know you are saying what the H... is the question... :banghead: Well here it is...

After taking off the inside black cover of the trunk lid (04) you find two 2 pin connectors. One is white and is used for the spoiler light connection. Does anyone know what the remaining red 2 pin connector is used for??

Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hey D,
I was under the impression that the red connector was for a power outlet.
I very well could be wrong, but I think I have the same one on my '02.
Good Luck

·
Registered
82 Posts
The red plug is hot all the time. It can be used for a 12 volt accessory plug, a lighted mirror, a trunk light, etc.

·
Registered
52 Posts
TRUNK CONNECTIONS

Have you purchased a trunk harness from Honda to power a trunk lamp
and trunk mirror? If not, you will find that the harness Honda sells you
will plug in to that red connector. :)

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks.. I did not know that Honda made a trunk lamp. Just when I thought I was done going to Hal's store.....

·
Registered
231 Posts
Sorry D, my bad :oops:
My handy dandy wiring diagram shows the 2P red connector is for the trunk light.
I should look before I count on my feeble memory.
What was the question again? :?:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts