GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vendor
18,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me the name or web page for that trunk kit that stops the trunk lid from scuffing the trunk?

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Great product, high quality, easy install. Also if you have a trunk rattle but some 1/4" window/door weather stipping and apply to the front trunk hinges and around the cubby compartments. Sure made my wing quite.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
I just added 1/4" clear gas line inside the trunk lid seal. No more chafing.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I just replaced the rubberized ring that fits into the bottom of the trunk lid. Can't remember whether the price was $27 or $47 but it stopped the rubbing and rattling.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Poul,
I did this and used dish soap as a lube. Take your time.
David

·
Registered
72 Posts
Velcro soft side............just peel and stick over the nibbs/titts on opposite side. Works perfect and very inexpensive..........................When you close the trunk lid the velcro soft side covers the nibbs/titts with a nice soft good fit!!!!!!!!!!! Absoultley No Chaffing To Paint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best tip so far from a previous member.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Velcro soft side............just peel and stick over the nibbs/titts on opposite side. Works perfect and very inexpensive..........................When you close the trunk lid the velcro soft side covers the nibbs/titts with a nice soft good fit!!!!!!!!!!! Absoultley No Chaffing To Paint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The best tip so far from a previous member.
Like it. I'm going to try it. Thanks. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
It works great. I did mine about 2 years ago and it still works.

:thumbup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts