GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IR HARRY in another post, said that 2 of the trunk liner screws are shorter than the others. If that is true, does anyone know which 2 they are. I just put on a rack two days ago and I didn't notice that, and I need to correct before it damages trunk. Also does anyone recall what the black box between lid and liner is?
Thanks, Mike

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210798

I just went out and pulled all screws out and they are the same. Maybe the 08's are different

·
Registered
546 Posts
All the liner screws are the same length in my '08. The four screws holding the two trunk closurer fingers are different.

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you remove the rear speaker enclosure, there are two screws that are LONGER than the rest, and you have to be careful to keep these separate or you will put a nice dimple in your trunk lid if you put the back in the wrong place. The rest of the lid screws are the same length with the exception of the closure loops. Those 4 screws look different.

·
Registered
352 Posts
short screws

On my 08 prem audio the screws at the very bottom outside corners (if you have the trunk open) are shorter than the rest and you better be careful cause the longer ones bottom out in the hole and could be a problem if you forced them deeper. Come on better weather!!! jim

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,187 Posts
IR HARRY in another post, said that 2 of the trunk liner screws are shorter than the others. If that is true, does anyone know which 2 they are. I just put on a rack two days ago and I didn't notice that, and I need to correct before it damages trunk. Also does anyone recall what the black box between lid and liner is?
Thanks, Mike

It is the trunk lock control unit. Basically, the receiver for your key fob remote's transmitted signal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts