GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the trunk light and the sub-harness, however when I plug it in to the bike provided plug in a rubber boot on the right side, the light does not work. However when I connect an external 12volt source to the end plug, the light does turn on.
Any has any idea what may be the issue here?

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Have you put everything back together and already taken the bike for a ride? As I recall, mine didn't work either but it started to shortly after and has been working great for 42,000 miles since. I actually delved into how the thing was triggered, but have since forgot. :) It's my old age!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keep the sub harness plugged into the plug in the rubber boot. Then open your trunk lid. The light won't work. Now open the left saddlebag door, your trunk light will come on and shine. After a couple of days/rides the system will learn & all will be ok.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I had the same issue. I tried it before putting everything back together to make sure it worked. Then someone told me that the trunk had to be closed and when it is opened the light comes on for 5 minutes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts