GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I purchased LEDs for my Trunk lights and did a lot of research. WingStuff sells the Pathfinder bulbs to fit the 2005 Goldwing but at $20 each. After my research I found what I wanted in comparing 4 other bulbs. I picked the Sylvania 7443R bulb and purchased it from O'Reillys Parts Store for a pair at a cost of $22.95. I actually purchased two pairs because the trunk has four bulbs to be replaced. The comparison I found of the 4 different bulbs ranged in price from under $14 to $29.95. I went back to O'Reillys and they did not have another package of the 7443R. So, I went to Walmart and then to Lights and Bulbs and then to Autozone and no one has the same looking bulb I originally purchased. The Sylvania 7443R (R for Red) has changed its look. It now no longer has the same T-20 base and it says on the package for off road use instead of the original for Automotive use. So, it can not be used. I went online and found that Phillips makes the 7443R with the T-20 base and so I purchased it from Amazon for actually $2 cheaper.

Note: The 7440 bulbs will also fit but they are for single light application and not double for the run/stop application.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Trunk lights ?? I have a 2008 GL1800, are there supposed to be lights in the trunk?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts