GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the trunk lights from EC yet, and if you did how was the install, I am thinking about picking up the complete set for my bike. :flg: :sw1: :rain1:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I guess you're talking about the trunk interior light, I got the trunk light as soon as it came out, I am very pleased with it, well engineered and thought out, really handy when you get into your trunk at night. I don't have the lights for the inside of the saddlebags, but have heard they work extremely well also.

Install was easy, Lewis provides good instructions with photographs for the installation, looking at the instructions before the installation there were a couple of things that weren't clear, but after removing the liner inside the lid and actually looking at the area, everything fell into place.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I agree. It was a piece of cake. At the same time installed the trunk power socket and converted spoiler to run/brake. I saw pictures of an install on this board that really helped on location of the power socket. I think I searched for "trunk power socket"

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I have both the trunk and saddlebag lights from E/C. They are unobtrusive, well out of the way, and light up the storage areas like a skating rink. I can't say enough good about them.

Bulldog

G

·
0 Posts
lights

thats that...I'm adding these to my "to buy" list ...which is getting longer every day :p

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Javern,

Get used to it. I think if you sign your house over to Hal, you get a 1 point cut on cost, till your account runs out...LOL

Bulldog

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Just about the time E/C released their kit I had just ordered a bunch of parts from JC Whitney to make something for myself. I got some of the incandescent strip lights, a mercury switch, some pole swithes for the saddlebags. They are all still sitting in a box in the garage. My guess is I'll order the E/C kit before I get around to doing it myself... lol

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
IB Mike said:
Just about the time E/C released their kit I had just ordered a bunch of parts from JC Whitney to make something for myself. ... They are all still sitting in a box in the garage. My guess is I'll order the E/C kit before I get around to doing it myself... lol
If you are considering EC's interior lights over installing your original plan, you will be very pleased you ordered EC's. The LED array is so small that there is little problem with stuffing any compartment. They are also bright enough to see a small black screw against the black flooring. The only two items that I did different or changed from install instructions was bending down the truck switch to stay on just a hare longer when closing and I routed the trunk wire under the bag and up into the lid instead of drilling any holes. That same wire path is used on the outside trim lights (Kurry's) on the lid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts