GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Goldwing trunk interior just looks unfinished so I bought a roll of speaker carpet and lined the sides and bottom of it. The carpet is less than 3mm thick and is easy to work with. I used 3M Super 77 spray adhesive to tack it down. Super 77 is a low tack adhesive and it perfect for tacking material down that may need to be removed in the future.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Sure looks nice! Great Job, thanks for sharing!

·
15 year Member
6,899 Posts
Well done looks good and will wear like iron!!

Mattbcnv

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow! That looks great. I may have to “borrow” your idea instead of purchasing the trunk/bag liners. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Great job Dmatthys! Now if we could purchase your template to make our own . . . :grin2:

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
That an excellent idea! Yes it sure does look better then our bare plastic bottom..

Ronnie

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
PM sent but it replied you are not able to receive PM’s. You will have to change your settings . . .

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wow nice job. I was lazy and ordered the liners, they fit ok but I may use the 3M idea to tack them down. Do you lose your access to the bottom trunk cubby?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just replaced the one I made similar to yours as one day a few weeks ago I decided to splurged on the WingStuff carpet. When I made it at Home Depot and it had a rubber bottom so it didn't slide. WingStuff carpet is good, but thicker.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow nice job. I was lazy and ordered the liners, they fit ok but I may use the 3M idea to tack them down. Do you lose your access to the bottom trunk cubby?
Thanks Bob. Not sure what you mean by losing access to the bottom trunk cubby. Is there a secret compartment I missed in the trunk? Or do you mean access to the trunk mounts?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts