GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend, got a trunk open message on our info screen a couple times when the trunk was securely closed... this is my 4th Goldwing so I know you have to be "firm" closing the thing. The message would start after we were parked then started the bike. Finally I got sick of opening/closing the trunk and the message would just disappear after a few minutes on the road.

Any idea what or where to check to see if this can be resolved as it is highly annoying. thanks wg

·
Vendor
17,821 Posts
Trunk as in the OEM box on top ??? If so, start with the simple stuff.
- verify that the strikers are tight
- that all hinge bolts are in place and tight
- check for broke wires in the right hinge area
- do your rear speakers work and is your remote fully functional

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I had a similar problem on my 07. I knew the trunk was securely closing but the warning light kept appearing. I did check all the stuff GoldWingrGreg mentioned and tried readjusting the latch plates but nothing would work. I ended up seeing a thread with same problem and the solution was about disconnecting a connector or wire on the left (as you are behind bike facing it) side latch. If the trunk is actually open, I still get the trunk open warning as there is a similar connector on the right latch as well. Let me see if I can find it.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Ok, here was one thread that describes what I did to "fix" the problem. https://gl1800riders.com/forums/5-gl1800-tech-board/167088-trunk-open-warning-disable.html
Unfortunately the pictures are no longer there but maybe if you PM Bucfan11, he may be able to provide them but the details are still in the thread. It does take some patience and small fingers IIRC.

I still get the "Trunk Open" warning when trunk is actually open and the remote unlock still works. I just dont get the errant warning anymore.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts