GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Trunk Organizer

I purchased one trunk organizer which allows me to put two helmets in the trunk. Both helmets are medium which probably helps. Piper

·
Registered
615 Posts
It is a great option for little extras that you carry. Gloves , Maps, dewrags,etc. If you fill them up you won't be able to put helmets in. But the lift from my cd player also takes up room so I don't use the helmet in the trunk. I love mine. Joy

·
Registered
21,133 Posts
they sure look handy with lots of convienient pockets but be aware they could also seriously cut down storage space for large items like helmets. I think this sites sponsor www.hondadirectlineusa.com carries them also.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
The biggest problem I had was on the installation. The screws that are in the lid are not really long enough. If anybody can find any just a little longer that will work I would like to know about them. The only ones I could find made me worry about going through the lid and making dimples. You have to be careful and not strip out the plastic in the lid when you tighten them. The thickness of the brass reinforcements is plenty.

You cannot get a 3/4 helmet in the trunk after the insallation if you put too much merchadise in the pouches.

It is really helps in organizing and keeping your smaller items.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
5Ross said:
The only ones I could find made me worry about going through the lid and making dimples.
Take a pair of wire cutters and cut the points off.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
organizer

This organizer is well made, a bit tricky to install, then you realize that your gerbing jacket liner and motoport canyon 2 jacket along with gloves will no longer fit inside the box since you just gave up 25 to 30 percent of your trunk storage space. Personally i hated losing the storage space, so i removed my organizer and sold it on the net almost immediately.
Jd
:biker:

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have this organizer on my bike, its a great idea .....but it takes up much room in the trunk and if you stuff the little pouches full they will sag and not allow the lid to close. Also you will not be able to mount anything else inside the trunk lid (power outlet, light). SO... I made a modification. I mounted it in the front side of the trunk (wich would be the back of the seat area) . had to trim an inch or 2 off the top , now its great idea made much better and does not affect the storage space at all. I'll send a picture if you need further explanation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts