GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i ordered the ec power outlet for the trunk and was looking at how to install it but the instructions on web site are unclear to me. if i read them right the outlet goes in the trunk lid liner in the lower left hand corner of the liner. then plugs into the wiring harness that is between the lid and liner. is this the correct way to do this :?: any things i should be careful of when doing this :shock:

·
Registered
108 Posts
That pretty much sums it up. Took me about 10 minutes to install. Just keep track of all the screws you remove cause there are about 15 or so. I drilled a hole middle-lower right. When you drop the cover you'll see where you have space to install it. Because of the wire harness in there I didn't totally remove the cover. There's enough room for it to drop for you to see what's going on and to get your hands in there. Then you just push it through the hole you've drilled, plug in the connector and button it all up. One of the easiest things I've installed on the cycle.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Four of the screws holding the liner in ar longer than the others. they are the ones holding the latches on. be sure not to get them mixed up.
James

1 - 3 of 3 Posts