GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone forward a pdf of the installation instructions for the trunk rack? The Honda Canada website is astoundingly bad and I cannot locate this. The best they can do is an install pdf for a 2014 1800c...

·
Registered
19,260 Posts
I put it on. Not hard just take your time. Took me 3 hours

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, I’m to the point of pulling the two trunk lids apart. I have the 7 screws out and the two halves a little bit apart at the front but I am not sure how to proceed. I dont want to break anything by forcing it. Now what?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Where the trunk lid was attached to the hinges pick one side and slowly start separating with both hands moving towards the back and it will snap apart with a loud snap. Where you removed the 2 latch hooks the 2 little nubs the screws screwed into are what is holding it together. When you put it back together line the inner liner with the outer lid and squeeze it together (hard) where the latches are and it will snap back together.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
@$Honda750! Make sure you put the rubber trunk rack leg boot(s) on correctly. My Honda installer put them in wrong so I was adding the Gold Strike rear light and corrected myself instead of taking it back to the dealer. Like said earlier take your time and it will come together for you.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
When I bought my garage door it came with an installation DVD. Honda should do that will all its accessories.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A dvd would be good. I managed to get the two pieces apart without breaking anything, so onward and upward! Cant do anything until tomorrow..

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I managed to drill all the holes and everything lines up ok. Next is the taillight bracket and again some confusion. The instructions show foam padding to put on but not very good pic on where exactly. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
+CD drives up cost on $$$ item as it is Already

When I bought my garage door it came with an installation DVD. Honda should do that will all its accessories.
I'm sure they would jack up price(s) on the acc....which are overpriced as they are already.

Reactions: INTHEWIND

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I have the trunk lid back together and the rack fits great. Now I just have to put everything back together “in reverse order” .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts