GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to buy a trunk rack. I would like for it to be functional and compliment the bike. Opinions? Pictures of different racks on the 1800? Would appreciate all replies!!
Thanks,
gw

·
Registered
533 Posts
Trunk, truck, we know what you mean

I hope you noticed that this same question was asked earlier and is still quite visible on the Tech Bd. Since I didn't post there, I will put my two cents here:

I really like my Kuryakyn flat polished aluminum rack, and the bag that is made to fit it.

On our 1500, I had the tubular one and it doesn't hold a match to the flat aluminum one. But I didn't get it for looks, I got it so we could carry our raingear and other light weight items when we are on long trips.

It is kind of a bonus for us, because we always try to fit everything into the three hard bags, but if we buy something on the trip, or need just a little extra space, we have it.

No matter what brand or type you get, be careful to keep the load light....I never put more than 10 lbs on the rack.

One extra precaution you need with the Kuryakyn flat aluminum is to place a hand towel under your luggage bag on the rack as it will put some little scrathes in the polished aluminum finish (don't ask me how I discovered that). :oops:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts