GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched and found only a couple pictures of the Tour model bike with the trunk removed. I thought more pictures would surface after Max made the quick trunk removal kit available but I have not seen any threads with good pictures. If anyone has photos of a Tour model with the trunk removed and the replacement panels added I would appreciate any effort in posting them. Thanks.

·
Registered
597 Posts
My dealer has several models that don't have the trunk, F6B but they don't call them that anymore... I would like to know how hard it is to remove and replace the trunk as I think my trike would look wicked without the trunk,.. low and mean!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Max has several videos of his quick detach kit as well as other options. Ive seen plenty of standard bikes but was just curious to see a few good pics of a Tour model with the trunk removed, preferably in Blue. Thanks.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Looks "sporty" which is what drew me to the F6B originally. The guys at the dealerships are saying its a "love it or hate it" deal on the model without the trunk. If I rode alone (and had a better back) I would have the trunk-less model. Honda did an awesome job making a big bike feel sporty and nimble. Some will not be pleased with the reduced wind coverage though.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Here's a 'shopped version from a tour-blue and a non-tour black. This will give you an idea of what it would look like.
Thank you. I appreciate it. Members here posted these 2 pics, they are the best Ive seen so far. I just assumed since Max has the kits available there would be more posts with the trunk off.

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Is the seat the same for the Tour and Non-Tour? Guess the seats in the two photos above are Tour seats. If so, they look goo and not squared-off.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. Can you guys that have ridden with the trunk both on and off comment on any difference in the way the bike feels or handles with the trunk off?

·
Registered
209 Posts
When I first took it off, I noticed it, but now I am used to it. When I went on my trip last month I had the side bags full and the seat bag and I definitely could feel that!

·
Registered
19,228 Posts
That's just plain purdy

·
Registered
558 Posts
Thanks. Can you guys that have ridden with the trunk both on and off comment on any difference in the way the bike feels or handles with the trunk off?

Before purchasing my 2018 Goldwing Standard DCT, I rode both, Standard and Tour on two different occasions. First ride was Solo and Second ride was with my girlfriend. I noticed no difference in handling. The rear trunk is not that heavy.

When we travel on our Standard, we routinely pack about 50 lbs of gear on the rear luggage rack I built. Even with the added 50 pounds the bike handles really well.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
@virginiawing Are you contemplating going that route.....going with Traxion change out kit? I have the Blue Tour DCT but have a Bushtec haven't decided just what I'm going to do....the trunkless look I find appealing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts