GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for opinions:
What brand looks better, does the best job for the price, produces the best light, (In your opinion).
TIA
Show Chrome
Kuryakyn
Big Bike Parts

I had Kury on my 2001 but the chrome started to peel and when I notified Kury they didn't even bother to respond so you know where they FIT on MY FAVORITE LIST

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I prefer the Big Bike (aren't the Show Chrome the same?) ones.

I like the balance of chrome and red lenses, and the LED lighting inside.
Very bright!! 8)

·
Registered
619 Posts
I have all Kury and they are great and have lasted....they are the led lites and ring of fire.....just my opinion.......

bruce aka "the blue trawler"

·
Registered
21 Posts
Trunk & Saddlebag Lights

I have the showchrome lights, originally the bulb ones and then purchased the LED Lights for $18.00, these are much better also the Show Chrome are cheaper, Best bet for the money and great looks.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Showchrome

Yup showchrome without a doubt. Cheaper and look better in my opinion. make sure you get the new ones. LED's Running lights as well as Brake lights. Mine are only running. I wish I woul dhave made sure before I bought. But I still like them better than the kury's. :yes2:

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I have the Kury's and Dr. Rob has the Big Bike. Side by side, the Big Bikes give more square inches of light and look better than my Kury's, in my opinion.

On the other hand, I think that the Kury's have a better install.

If I was to redo these lights, I would buy the Big Bike brand.

Bulldog

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Kury's for me

I've had them on for over a year with no problems yet.I know others have had problems and poor customer service from Kuryakin.

I personally don't care for the looks of the Show Chrome lights,but to each his own.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Trim Pieces

Thanks Very Much For All The Great Feedback.

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
I have about 3 years on the ShowChromes

Started as bulbs, but ShowChrome replaced bulbs to LED's
a year later, and last year had one bulb, they replaced that
strip also. So, Showchrome stands behind their stuff.

Kury wont even answer a postal mail or an email, and their
chrome falls off their products.

More light from the Showchrome, got a warranty
Little better looking is the Kury, but don't trust their quality.

Your dime, your choice.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Since my experience with Kury's "customer service", I doubt I'll ever buy anything of theirs again. One thing for sure, they don't give a rip if you, the one buying their stuff, are satisfied. Take it or leave it, they don't seem to care much. I guess they figure there are other fish out there that haven't had the pleasure of interacting with them yet. Just my never to be humble opinion, of course.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts