Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Santa is get me a trunk spoiler for Christmas. But I have a luggage
rack on will the spoiler fit. Thank tony :lol:

·
Chard Member
13,063 Posts
Maybe! If it's the Hondaline rack, no. If it is one of the others it depends where the rack is positioned on the lid. If it's not too far back, you're probably on a winner. :)

Good Luck....

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Red s right,the spoiler won't fit if it's a Honda rack.That seems pretty dumb to me!

On my 02 I put the trunk rack on before I put on the spoiler.
When I got the spoiler,I had to move the trunk rack.
I was able to cover the old holes with star washers.

On the 04 I put the spoiler on first!

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
I have the 07 spoiler and they changed it a little, I wonder if they did that to allow the Honda rack to fit??????

Not that I want a rack back there anyway, just wondering..

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have an '06 - installed a round-bar luggage rack and a spoiler. There's enough space between the rack and spoiler to slip a piece of paper through so placement of the rack is critical. What I'm saying is that you will not know until you try. You may have to get a pair of stainless steel washers to raise the rear of the luggage rack. I thought I might have to when I first looked at it but it turned out to be unnecessary.

·
Registered
68 Posts
What brand luggage rack did you install?

I have been toying with adding a rear luggage rack for ~2 months now?

Could use the extra storage space on trips.

Jim

·
Registered
97 Posts
02redwing said:
the luggage rask was already on the bike when I got it . Not shure what brand it is.
Is it round bar or flat?

If it's flat then you should have no problems. The round bar is a bit close.

·
Registered
97 Posts
CyclinWing said:
What brand luggage rack did you install?

I have been toying with adding a rear luggage rack for ~2 months now?

Could use the extra storage space on trips.

Jim
If you are asking me, I think it was ShowChrome as I could only find one aftermarket round bar rack. I picked it up from CountryChoppers in Ohio at a ralley. I wanted the round bar so I could mount folding flag poles.

The first shot gives you an idea of the close spacing between the rack and the spoiler.

An overall shot of the install...

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Need to see a picture that shows the distance from the top forward horizontal tube to the back of the passenger backrest. On my 06 I have about 1/4 inch gap between the backrest & the rack which gives me about 1/4 inch gap between the rear rack legs & the spoiler.
Ride Safe
Ken

·
Registered
97 Posts
cakeman48 said:
Need to see a picture that shows the distance from the top forward horizontal tube to the back of the passenger backrest. On my 06 I have about 1/4 inch gap between the backrest & the rack which gives me about 1/4 inch gap between the rear rack legs & the spoiler.
Ride Safe
Ken
Here's two photos that may help (BTW, did you know that cameras are made to be used with the right hand???)

[/list]

Photographing black on black and chrome is difficult! :!:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts