GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey is wingrider still around, I went to the website http://www.wingriderproducts.com/ and get nothing. want to check out these supports and if good put them in before my trunk starts rubbing.

·
Banned
2,290 Posts
I just clicked on it and it went to the site for trunk supports.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Contact Us

At the top of the page on Wing Rider Products there's a button 'Contact Us'. Click that and send them a message about what you're interested in. Hopefully you'll get a response. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Question about hard to open trunk latch and alignment

Has anybody had a latch mechanism fail? My trunk latch is getting hard to operate and I was wondering if it could be an alignment issue or a latch mechanism that's failing. I definitely have some chaffing now that I added the spoiler and a heavier rack. I found some forum ideas for adding support to the trunk like running a small hose inside the gasket but I wonder if that's enough to stop the chaffing and correct any alignment issue. Maybe this trunk support system is the answer?

·
Registered
693 Posts
I have the wing rider trunk support and it is a permanent fix for this problem. You can adjust the latch tension by raising/lowering the support rubber posts.

I did have to do some trimming of the trunk body but a dremel sanding wheel made a quick and near job of that.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I have the wing rider trunk support and it is a permanent fix for this problem. You can adjust the latch tension by raising/lowering the support rubber posts.

I did have to do some trimming of the trunk body but a dremel sanding wheel made a quick and near job of that.

Does the trunk support interfere with placing or removing bags from the trunk -- say a liner bag full of clothes or gear?

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
I have his trunk support system and love it. Solved all the problems and does not interfere with anything. Money well spent.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I have his trunk support system and love it. Solved all the problems and does not interfere with anything. Money well spent.
I have Wingriders trunk support system as well. Works as advertised and no issues or concerns with recommending the product to anyone who wants to carry stuff on a luggage rack.

Rick

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, link worked on a different computer....that's odd. Thanks folks, I have the baby bumpers but they don't do the job as well as I'd like, so will try these.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Does the trunk support interfere with placing or removing bags from the trunk -- say a liner bag full of clothes or gear?
No. The system is tucked into the corners and doesn't interfere with inserting/removing items.

I have had the WingRider system on my bike from day one and now five years later and 104k miles I have zero chaffing. And that is with the trunk spoiler AND a very heavily packed trunk lid liner (makes the lid quite heavy). I'd say 75% of the miles have been with a passenger on the back (When passengers lean back against the backrest it presses the trunk lid down even more).

I use the HondaLine trunk bag very frequently on our long trips without issue. The WingRider system is an excellent product that looks OEM when installed.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yep, still there. I just communicated with Phil at Wingrider and ordered his trunk support system last week. I received and installed it as per instructions. Very well made product. My suggestion is that you will need a dremel tool as suggested in the instructions to make a little bit of clearance on the lip edge of the lower trunk to accommodate the adjusting bumper supports. Took me about 10 minutes to do this.
I've tried the "Buggy Bumpers" ,,,,,,,didn't care for them at all. Made the trunk very hard to close and open. Had them on for about a year and never got aby better.
Wingrider trunk support system is the best one I've seen available..........

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thanks for all the information -- ordered a set yesterday.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts