GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to add a turn signal function to the trunk lights on my GL1800 so they could be seen over my trailer.

Anyone know of a kit to do this? I have e-mailed Lewis over @ EC.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Bipeflier said:
I would like to add a turn signal function to the trunk lights on my GL1800 so they could be seen over my trailer.

Thanks
Call Lewis, you'll get a faster response, he gets a lots of e-mails, so it maybe sometime before he gets back to you :wink:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Why not just put better lights on the trailer?
I've come up on bikes pulling trailers and could barely see the trailer lights. Those cheap small lights mounted down low on the back of the trailer and add to that they are simply spliced into the bike wiring and aren't very bright to start with. Those lights are your life.
Add an isolater and run them straight off the battry.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am putting LED's on the trailer, but your point is just what I am after. Those lights are my life! So the more the better IMHO.

Thanks for the response.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I think if I remember correctly Val from V&P has something just for that purpose and I think you can switch it back when not pulling th trailer.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Jimmie, exactly what I was looking for.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
You might also consider adding rear facing directionals to the mirrors and, or mount extra direction lights to the bottom of the trunk.

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Bipeflier said:

Thanks

I have ask the same question myself, and have not heard any thing yet.

I think that I have it figured out how to do it in a couple of ways but would require adding a wire to the existing trunk plug, or a replacement plug on the outside set of lights. I like a lot of lights in the back myself, on the bake and on the trailer. I think I have the trailer solved but would like the turns on the trunk.

Personally I think using H-7's for Brake and Turns would be a good idea in this part of the world. If you have ever been hit from the rear, you would know what I mean!!

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Hyper lights makes a kit that allows you to put led turn signals on the rear of the speaker housings. They are cut to mount so that that are directly facing the rear of the bike. They are VERY noticable when activated because they are high up and outside of the normal light signature of the bike. I have them in yellow for turn signals. They are off unless activated. I also placed Hyperlights on the license plate of my Unigo. They are also very notocable as the blink 5 times and then stay on like the spoiler and other set of stop light leds mounted on the underside of the trunk....

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I contacted V&P. They had exactly what I was looking for. Ordered last night and they shipped today.

http://www.vpaccessories.com/

Their phone number is on the web site.
Catalog number is "BDir" $49.95

Cheaper than getting ran over!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts