GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these wires cut (6) in the left side wire hardness in the trunk, they run up into the trunk cover. My third brake light still works, not clear what these wires control and do I need to splice them back together?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
There are 12 wires there. Three of the colored wires and one *********** the two rear speakers, the other two colored ones power the heated backrest. The other 3 white, and all 3 black go to an unused connector, however maybe that is your 3rd brake light. I don't have a 3rd brake light.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,366 Posts
There are 12 wires there. Three of the colored wires and one *********** the two rear speakers, the other two colored ones power the heated backrest. The other 3 white, and all 3 black go to an unused connector, however maybe that is your 3rd brake light. I don't have a 3rd brake light.
The spoiler brakelight wiring is on the right side along with the trunk lock control wiring.

·
GL1800 Doctor
20,366 Posts
Found these wires cut (6) in the left side wire hardness in the trunk, they run up into the trunk cover. My third brake light still works, not clear what these wires control and do I need to splice them back together?
Reconnect the matching colored wires and then turn on the radio and try each white wire combination until you get sound from your right rear speaker.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Make sure after you repair the wires you re-route BOTH sets of wires that are wound around the hinges so it does not happen again. Just unbend the rest of the clamps and run the wires down the back of the trunk between the seat cushion and back of trunk very simple take 5 min to do both and you will never have this happen again. Just let them fall to the left or right or both to the middle whichever you prefer.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone, reconnected the wires, checked to ensure everything is working, routed the wire bundles correctly so we're back in business.

·
Vendor
17,784 Posts
When it come to routing in that area, Honda should have done a better job. Of coarse that's my option, and "everyone has one of those" ... if you know what I mean !!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts