GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went to the garage to get my 2010 Wing ready for a ride tomorrow and my trunk and side bags won't open. I tried using the unlock on the key fob and also the single key--nothing works. My helmet, owners manual and other papers are in the trunk--any ideas?? I haven't had this happen before.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is the not the right forum to post this.

YNP

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a newbie Wing owner and don't know where the fuses are. The battery in the key fob is working and I can hear the locks click when I turn the key to the left or right.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
are you saying you put the actual key in the trunk lock and it still won't open? you might need to push DOWN on the trunk lid while unlocking in order to release the lock...then lift it up.

If this does solve the problem, once in the trunk, on both sides of the floor/bottom of the trunk is a 1 1/2" plastic plug. Pry each one out. Inside the hole you will be able to see a latch release. These will open each saddlebag.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
This sounds funny...but try using the key bob...press the button that opens the trunk while pusing DOWN on the trunk...and then pull up while still pushing on the key bob button....I had this happen when a piece of clothing got caught in the truck lock...it seam to work....

Good Luck

Safe Rides...

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Unlock the trunk, using the key.
Pull on the passenger backrest when pulling the trunk release. You may have too much pressure on the trunk lid.
Is there any resistance on the levers when you pull them?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, when I used the key and turned it either way, it will not open. There is resistance when I pull the lever but the trunk and the side bags will not open.

I am going out to try your suggestions now.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it to open---I had to push down on the lid slightly and pull the handle at the same time--very strange. Tried to open it and not push down and it would not open. The side bags will not open even after pressing and pulling. At least now wow I can get to my helmet, gloves, owners manual and other papers.

Thanks for your help, I'll address it with the dealership when I go in for some other warranty work.

Looks like my ride tomorrow is back on!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS VERY MUCH FOR THE QUICK RESPONSES

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
...The side bags will not open even after pressing and pulling.
you're probably already doing this, but make sure you are pulling on the release lever while also pushing/pulling on the side bag lid. Try to get your figure tips in the groove when pulling on the lid.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the side bags to open now. Don't know what the problem was but it was pretty frustrating for a while.

Thanks again for the advice and the responses!!!!!

RIDE SAFE !!!

YNP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts