GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT Airbag
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gang,
I don't know if any of you will be able to open this but I got this from my son. I don't know how real it is or, if it's some sort of wazoo photoshop creation. If you can open it, what do you think, real or not? Sure looks pretty real to me.
Scott
P.S. I hope the originator of it doesn't get too upset by me showing this. It's Wing related so.....
XL Adventure Motorcycle Rider on Instagram: “Not sure this is a great idea 😂 Posted @withrepost • @caferacersofinstagram Start ‘em young… 3 year old @zaynsofuogluand riding an 1800cc…”

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I don't have an I-gram acct, but if it's the little kid riding a white 2018+, I saw it on fakebook about a month ago. If it is real, dad is lucky the kid didn't veer a little bit one way or the other.

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
NO way........once under way balancing is much easier but no way he could start off like that IMHO.
Fake.....cool though, thanks for posting.

Geez.......I may not be mentally more mature than that kid, but physically I am...........and here I ride a Trike. :LOL:

·
Registered
9,209 Posts
Could NOT get on.NO account with insta-gram

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Obviously if you found it on the internet, it must be true...

But I came across this article which identifies the father and son and also claims its authentic. But who knows...

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Looks pretty real to me. People will do unbelievable stuff for those subs and likes, even if it includes putting their kids out there.

Reactions: Sniper60

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well,
OP here. I didn't have an instagram acount 'till this morning when my wife set one up for me on my phone. I just now went to the instagram page of that little kid and, well, if that '18 Wing ride is fake, then every single other adventure that's on that kids instagram page IS ALSO FAKE. And, I highly doubt that. If you watch that kid, he's in total control, at least as much as his physical size will allow. I'd like to see any of his stunts done in person just to verify but, agian, it sure looks as real as possible to me.
Scott

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I say it is not fake and the father should be charged with child endangerment by creating the substantial risk of physical injury to a child.
Well,
IN the common sense world, I'd pretty much agree with you. But, that scenario of that little kid on a large bike is not the first time something like that's happened. I watched the same size little kids handle large quads in the sand dunes many, many years ago and they did it with better control than some adults I watched. Just because a child is small, doesn't always mean they're incapable of handling situations out of the norm for their age group.

Could that little child be killed riding on that Wing, at that speed, most likely not. Could he be injured severely if it fell over, yep, sure could. But, based on what I'm seeing, I'd say the parents have things well in hand and have done some serious watchfull training of those kids. Is it RIGHT???? Well, that's a question each and every parent of a set of capable tots/children have to answer. I started ours out just about as young as what you're seeing and they're still alive to tell about it. If you have an Instagram account (by the way, they're completely free and easy to get), take a look at the home of this kid. I'd say those parents are quite capable of making sound decisions.
Scott

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Well the father, Kenan Sofuoğlu is a professional motorcycle racer and former world champion. He has probably taken a lot of steps in making sure that Zyan has had training and supervision as he has progressed through the various machines. I don't think he just haphazardly let him play with the different motosport toys although letting him drive a GL1800 does seem a bit questionable. I will say that kid drove the bike like a boss...

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
So, why can it not be real? Once under way, an 1800 Goldwing is as easy to keep straight as a 50cc little dirt bike that kids his age and size hauling A on a dirt track and 15' jumps. First attempt may have been with Dad driving and kid in front and he proved he could reach enough to take it around a track.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts