GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend while riding the Up-Chuck 1000 in Southern California (1k miles of SoCal twistys) Among other great roads, we rode up & down Hiway 243. Because of the resent snow on the higher elevation roads, sand had been spread over the surfaces. I was cautious entering & exiting the turns, then I thought I should play with the Pierelli CT & see just how much traction it had.

I was pleasantly surprised...I couldn't get the CT to slip. I was careful diving into the turns as I had a E-3 on the front & knew it would slip. But coming out of the turns, I could wick it up as hard as I wanted & the rear wouldn't give.:yes1:

Sleddog

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Needs more power, I can't ever remember the Wing charging out of a turn on a MT and having the rear break loose in the dry...
Since the tuning that's been done, the skinny Rocket MT breaks loose on command in turns or straight line in 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd... Car tire is required now I guess...

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
yes i agree i could not get trialsmans to slip either,the only mt that will slip when new is the dunflops,the rest take 4-5k in the twistys to slip

also good on you for not pushing that crappy ft tire to hard!!!

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I've slipped mine cornering from a start a couple of times. Just little squiggles... I did notice the CT sidewalls flex when the tire hooks back up so the shock factor is a lot less. The tendency to high-side is much lower.

I've never slide the back end under any speed but I've had the rear tire slip in a straight line on freshly damp roads. The flatness of the CT helps keep the fishtailing down.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
SLEDDOG,
What kind of tire are you using? PSI?

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts