GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have now changed my rear tire to try a larger size. It seems to be working good. Dunlop Sport Signature, 205/60X16. This tire also has the built-up side wall and a rap-around tread. It is a non-run-flat. It has plenty of clearance at the swing arm and the amp-box on my '06. It does make the speedo dead on with GPS. As far as the feel and the ride, I can tell no differance between this tire and the 195/60X16. We will be going to the mtns. for Wings Over the Smokies and to test the tire. I don't think I wasted my money. Time will tell....:popcorn:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Looking forward to your hands-on ride report, Alan. I thought about this tire but was concerned it might make my bike's butt look too big. lol. I can see where the 205/60 would bring the speedo correction to -0-, but I myself need the benefit of the slightly shorter but totally fantastic 195/60 SP Sport 5000... Safe ride!

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
:congrats: And have a safe trip. I look at this tire all the time when we go to Sam's Club!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
Alan, given you DS #, I'd guess you have been around the blocks a few times on a CT. Just curious, any reservations on the rim width recommended for that new Dunlop Sport Signature, 205/60X16 you are running? TIA.

Good luck with it.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Don't forget to post a report after putting some miles on the new tires!!!!!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Richard; This tire is not as wide as a normal 205 and has rap-around-tread. The built up sidewall makes it look like it's mounted on a 6" wheel. So far, I have around 500 miles on it and feeling good about it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts