GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install a set of Kuryakyn Iso pegs as my driver's pegs. This seems easy except where the little bolt goes down through the hole in the mount. the bolt looks like it has a little cotter key that holds the bolt in place and the cotter key ends wrap around that little bolt. Can I just take that cotter key out and install a new one or is there a special bolt I have to purchase for this install?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Bolt vs pin/cotter pin

On another Honda I replaced the pins with bolts and used nylock lock nuts so I didn't have to tighten them down. If the hex head of the bolt/nut will fit, I see no reason not to use a bolt/locknut.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I know a guy that did that, and upon standing up, and "absorbing" a bad dip/pothole, one broke off. Can you imagine the result? Even 1500, and oem 1800 pegs are known to break. I remember reading of one guy that had one break on his 1500, and nearly died. Bad wreck. Please don't stand on them, if you plan on installing them.

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
They are called foot rests for a reason. If they were called standing pegs then you could stand on them.

The mounts are nothing more than thin pot metal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts