GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could sure use some help. Getting my butt kicked. I'm trying to install a Speedohealer V4 from HealTech on my '16 GL1800 A/C. I do not know how to find the speed sensor connector. Someone sent a drawing from another forum but from that it looks like you have to take off most of the right side fairing to find the wire/connector.

Has anyone here installed one of these? I would really appreciate some help. Have spent several hours not getting anywhere with this.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

·
Registered
864 Posts
I could sure use some help. Getting my butt kicked. I'm trying to install a Speedohealer V4 from HealTech on my '16 GL1800 A/C. I do not know how to find the speed sensor connector. Someone sent a drawing from another forum but from that it looks like you have to take off most of the right side fairing to find the wire/connector.

Has anyone here installed one of these? I would really appreciate some help. Have spent several hours not getting anywhere with this.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

You can access the connector without taking everything off. Remove the right side fairing molding. Remove the bolts as if you are going to take off the fairng side. Remove the lower left panel that has the glove box key in it.
You will have to lift that fairing side to get your hand inside to find the boot with the connectors in it. It is difficult to see the connecotrs. I had to do it by feel.
Speed Sensor Connection.jpg

Reactions: Bloodbought1

·
Registered
395 Posts
Charles, why do you need the Speed-o-healer? Honda fixed the speedometer error in 2010. My 2012 is accruate.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Maybe he chaged the rear tire size or he installed a modified final drive.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Final drive.

·
Vendor
17,213 Posts
Final drive.
Every boot where it connects sits in a little bit different location. So FYI ... some will need to remove that part of the shelter for access, and some won't. I'm reattaching MichealB's drawing. It might help to know which wire to be pulling on to locate the boot. Remove the right engine cover to find the wire coming from below.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Here is the photograph that Honda provides in the Service Manual.
Wiring Connector - 042.jpg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts