1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
68 Posts
If you want to do a little work yourself you can get a pair of 55watt from wally world make your own brackets for less than 30 bucks. I got the idea from someone here on this board. Has worked well for me for over a year and 30000 miles or so.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have the EC lights and like them a lot. If there was anything I would do different it would be to get the super white or the ion lights they sell. I don't currently have any problems with people seeing me (knock on wood) but the added intensity of the super white or the added visibility to other drivers from the ion would be a nice feature. Maybe if one ever goes out I'll replace them with the other styles but they have been doing good for me and I've had them on the bike for about 4 years and 20,000 miles so far. I know, the mileage per year is sad, but I spent 2 and a half of those years deployed so riding wasn't really an option.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
There are three reasons to buy "fog" lights.
1. you want others to see you
2. you really want lights to turn on in fog
3. you want driving lights to illuminate the road ahead

Within number 3 there are two categories;
3a. you want to see far ahead, like high beams for driving fast at night
3b. you want to enhance lighting in the normal area that the low and high beams illuminate and improve near/side lighting

For 1 you probably want led's. Honda and EC sell these.
For 2 you need a low/near cutoff light (a real fog light). EC has these.
For 3a you need PIAA 1100's mounted under fairing below the headlight. EC has these.
For 3b, you need EC 55W platinum's (don't know if that's what they are still called, but this is what I have and they throw a lot of light) (don't get 35W lights)

The Honda LED's look nice, but I don't know how much light they throw and they are really expensive but LED's last a long time. Maybe others can weigh in on those.

For any of them I recommend the oem switch. EC has that too.

Didn't intend for this to be a free commercial for EC, but...

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
If you want to do a little work yourself you can get a pair of 55watt from wally world make your own brackets for less than 30 bucks. I got the idea from someone here on this board. Has worked well for me for over a year and 30000 miles or so.

I cracked my hondline fog lights on a road trip sometime ago. Pulled into a pepboy's bought some off the shelf fog lights mounted them in the parking lot and have not looked back. Much cheaper and like the look to.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow... Thanks for the info guys!! This site rocks!!...My new wing is looking great.... so far..

I def want to hace lights installed in the fog light holes... i am on a limited budget so I ned to decide on a set to fit in there and ones that are not more than 150- 175....

Thanks !!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
http://wingstuff.com/pgroup_detail/40_home_monthly_specials/2299_gl1800_show_chrome_fog_lights_blue_white_or_clear/

Ok so considering I want to def use the lower fairing light holes... and my max amount I want to spend is 175.00. Ive found the above light kit and the one on ebay from kuryakan... What do you guys think?
I installed the Show Chrome fog lights 3 years ago. The install was relatively simple, all parts were plug and play, and they have worked flawlessly since. I leave them on all of the time. I would recommend NOT getting the blue ones since that might be confused for police blue lights. Recently I installed the EC yellow fog light covers over mine because I use the fog lights to be seen by others during the day.

·
Registered
10,849 Posts
First. Do you want fog lamps, driving lamps or lamps to make your bike more conspicuous to oncoming motorists? Second. Where do you intend to mount them? I ask because to some lump all supplemental lamps installed on the front of motorcycles as 'fog lamps' which isn't true.

Hey Guys

Just picked up a 2007 Wing Base model last night...

I am looking to add a set of fog lights into the lower cowl.

I searched the board and I could not find any threads on the subject.

Which set would you guys recomend. I am looking to spend 150 -175 max.

I found these on ebay.......

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290586882369&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

1 - 12 of 12 Posts