GL1800Riders Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I can get another Yellow GL1800. If any of you know of anyone who's interested, please send them my way. Thanks

·
Registered
891 Posts
Valkyrie

I let mine go 99 for 7500 with 40K on the clock,and he paid 300 of my taxes.The bottom fell out of the Valk,they quit making it,for the custom,Rune I am sure you know theis.Where I live money is tight,so instead of the hassel I just traded it in.I would have had to get 8500 cash ,for the tax brake.May be I could have,but these wings are scarce,one here,next one in 2 months. Dang they are getting like Harleys.I tell you theis go ride one,I know the I/S rides better than the standart or tourer I had both,Then get back on the I/S,and I bet you drive it in to a tree.The Wing is that good.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Valkyrie IS

I sold my 2000 Valkyrie IS last March with 35,000 miles for over $11,000. The used bike market for the Valkyries in Ohio has been very strong. I might suggest you follow the prices on ebay.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the suggestions and help. It's greatly appreciated. :beer3:

·
Chard Member
13,072 Posts

Did someone say Interstate? LOL!!! Excellent dependable bike. Hands down better than the 1500 Wing! In many ways I liked it better than the 1800's! :oops:

Good luck selling yours!

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I don't see a price, so I'll ask. What kind of money are you asking?

Location too please.
The postings were from 2003. It's probably sold
Oppps, I was a little slow typing. Not trying to pile it on.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Now that Honda is pushing the ST1800 Wing, I sure wish they would bring back a modernized Valk Interstate. To be honest I would have taken a hard look at the Yamaha Venture if Yamaha hadn't abandoned the V4 motor. I'll never understand why they felt they had to go V Twin in that bike.

Reactions: Roadie

·
Registered
900 Posts
Too bad this is a 17 year old thread.

There's a shedload of guys on the 2018+ forum who are complaining bitterly about the "excessive, uneeded, unwanted technology and yearn to own a technologically simpler machine such as this.

Tim

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,990 Posts
Now that Honda is pushing the ST1800 Wing, I sure wish they would bring back a modernized Valk Interstate. To be honest I would have taken a hard look at the Yamaha Venture if Yamaha hadn't abandoned the V4 motor. I'll never understand why they felt they had to go V Twin in that bike.
Honda did make a bare bones modern Valkyrie..it didn't sell....even the old Valkyrie interstate was killed off by the Gold Wing...very few want bare bones touring machines. I agree with you about the Yamaha...why Yamaha didn't refine that V4 and have something truely their own is a head scratcher for sure...but the Yamaha is far from a bare bone touring machine.

·
Registered
900 Posts
People are funny. They say they want something (such as a stripped down touring bike), Honda builds it, and they can't give them away.

Regarding the Yamaha Royal Star, my buddy has one, a first year model he's owned since new. He is a conservative rider (he also owns a first year FJR1300 and Ducati 907ie), but even he says the 1300cc V4, while sufficient in its day, is underpowered. Riding solo, it cannot maintain the 80 mph speed limit on the interstate in Montana. Obviously (to us), Yamaha should have transplanted a retuned version of the V-Max engine into the Royal Star. Other than needing a little more power, he's loved that Yamaha for the 24 years he's owned it.

Tim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.