GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am going to try and attach a pic into the message. Never done this before. If it works my dog house trailer is ready to paint and then down the road we go.:doorag:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It turned it sideways?????? Here is another try.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wtf???????

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Keep TRYING. You need to rotate 2 more times...Do you have the dog secure while underway?

·
Registered
3,323 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Am going to try and attach a pic into the message. Never done this before. If it works my dog house trailer is ready to paint and then down the road we go.:doorag:
I think he will stay in better this way...but does not look terribly happy.

:congrats:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a leash securing him in until he is comfortable with it.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am going to buy some of the plastic chrome edge molding for the rough edges.

He loves the snowmobile, but he has to run ahead. Best he has ever done was a little over 5 miles @ 22 mph.

Took him once at his pace and he did almost 25 miles at about 12 mph. He wanted to ride after that.

·
Banned
939 Posts
Designated Driver

You don’t need no stinking trailer for the dog.

Mine even takes the neighborhood kids out for a ride after they are done playing catch. I keep a casual eye on them as I mow the lawn.

Can't find a helmet for him yet but the neighborhood kids wear their bike helmets when he takes um out for a spin. Good eye prootection is a must.

Make sure he is compliance with all local laws though. There is some debate about pegs for paws going on, don't want to bail him out from the pound or have animal protective services over sniffing about.

But I think your set up will be good. You can throw the kid in the trailer. She and the dog will keep themselves entertained for hours. Toddlers get way too restless when in the car seat 2up. Let the dog drive or put them both in the trailer.

Attachments

·
Banned
939 Posts
You may want to put foam pipe insulation around the rough edges

Are you some kind of MSF saftey freak. I bet you are one of those types that think children shouldn't ride in car seats on bikes too!

There ain't no law in NH about protective edging for dog houses.

Back when I was a kid...dogs had to haul their own water from the creek barefoot.

·
Banned
939 Posts
I have a leash securing him in until he is comfortable with it.

I don't know. You better check with PETA they will demand a 4 point harness at least.

They will be picketing your house after the first ride for animal endangerment for sure.

·
Registered
466 Posts
section 168

I don't know. You better check with PETA they will demand a 4 point harness at least.

They will be picketing your house after the first ride for animal endangerment for sure.
Section 168 does PETA stand for People Eat Tasty Animals?

·
Banned
939 Posts
Section 168 does PETA stand for People Eat Tasty Animals?
It does almost everywhere south of the Mason Dixon Line and in Alaska but the rest of the country has been infiltrated with Ethical Treatment for Toddlers and Dogs and the Humane Society has spies out in all 50 states and are rounding up City Council Members and County Commissioners as we speak. So keep your powder dry.

·
Registered
958 Posts
He loves the snowmobile, but he has to run ahead. Best he has ever done was a little over 5 miles @ 22 mph.
Hmmm, how does he know where you are going? Must be really smart like Lassie. :joke:

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hmmm, how does he know where you are going? Must be really smart like Lassie. :joke:
When I take him for a run I go slow for him to maintain a decent speed. One run in the Am and one in the PM when we return. Total about ten miles for the day.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts