GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, to all the Trike Roundup attendees, Dean and I are home.

We rode out of Kerrville at 9AM this morning, I-10 for 465 miles. We arrived home at 6 AM. Not a cloud in the sky the whole length of the ride.

We enjoyed seeing so many old friends, and making so many new ones.

Thanks for all the memories, smiles, and the hugs......!!!!

Dean & I hope to see all of you again real soon.

:doorag: :bow: :doorag:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Come see us in Russellville Oct 15th. We look forward to meeting you as well.

Watch for future postings.

See you soon.....!!!!

:doorag: :doorag: :doorag:

·
Registered
569 Posts
What were you doing, walking. 21 hours to go 465 miles.
You must have been riding backwards.
.Sorry, I just couldn't resist the dig on the typo. See you in Russellville

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Yeah Wilson, I also noticed that you averaged about 21 MPH to get home. If you will roll that right control back toward you, you will move away from the idle position and probably get that CSC home in 19-20 hours:nojoke:

Try it, you will be surprised.:p:p

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What were you doing, walking. 21 hours to go 465 miles.
You must have been riding backwards.
.Sorry, I just couldn't resist the dig on the typo. See you in Russellville

Oh SHUCK...I make a time error, and end up pushing the world backwards. Sorry :bow:

If others end up doing the same thing too often, it's no wonder we're not getting anywhere...LOL

See everyone soon.....!!!

(It was great seeing you again)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah Wilson, I also noticed that you averaged about 21 MPH to get home. If you will roll that right control back toward you, you will move away from the idle position and probably get that CSC home in 19-20 hours:nojoke:

Try it, you will be surprised.:p:p

We missed the two of you. Hope to see you soon...!!!!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Hi Wilson.
It was nice meeting you face-to-face.
And thank you goofster for letting me have your downstairs room. It was nice not having to climb the stairs this time. (Although, the Harley group that was supposed to be there cancelled 50 rooms because of the rain. So there probably would have been some extra's!!!).:shock:

-Dan

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Dan,

I truly enjoyed meeting you as well.

Among the many new faces I remember, there were some from your area, Larry Bandemer, Boyd Onderdonk, David Hatten, and off course my good buddy Bob Ackerman of Houston.

I wish I was able to spend more time with everyone.

When I win the lottery, I will build a community in the Hill Country dedicated to Trikers. Everone will have their own personal apartment to come and go as they please. Breakfast will be in one place so everyone can tell who is in or out.

Well it's a good thought anyway....!!!

See everyone real soon. Perhaps in Russellville...???

Watch for opening registration coming soon.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Glad you made it home safe and dry. I got wet again, but at least I was ready for it this time. Sure was good to meet ya'll and enjoyed our conversations. Hope to see you soon.
Sorry I messed your Saturday morning cartoon's up now that you know what a REAL Mama Chicken looks like.;)
MC

·
Registered
89 Posts
Wilson,

Nice meeting you and everyone else. I am not good with remembering names, but we had a great time and will be back. You make sure that you let me know when you build that Triker's place up in the hill country so we can get standing reservations. lol

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wilson,

Nice meeting you and everyone else. I am not good with remembering names, but we had a great time and will be back. You make sure that you let me know when you build that Triker's place up in the hill country so we can get standing reservations. lol

Hi Larry,

Good meeting you as well. I'm looking forward to seeing you again in Denton for the SCRC Family Reunion.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Yup Wilson, it was just great meeting you and sharing a Clan McGregor" with you. Best part was, of course, putting a hug on Dean. I've been waiting for that for a long, long time!!!! I see for sure now why you kept her, why she kept you is debateable though. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Can't wait for the next ride with you and Dean.
Peace Brother.
Bill

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey Wilson & Dean. Hershel & Ginger really enjoyed meeting with you folks again. Our ride home was only one hour since we live in Leakey.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
:agree:...with the above....but it was pointed out to me that we can not talk about meet or talk trip's or thing thing not to building a trike...I was send the following:

those who are thinking about triking their Wing to communicate.

so since you trike our out about to can talk about is air presser, kinds of oil, etc.etc....

·
Registered
590 Posts
TT Roundup friends

Ruthie and I send the same message as everybody else: Great meeting you and Dean. Out paths are bound to cross, particularly if you come to beautiful Colorado to ride our twisties and Hills (mountains). Glad to see you made it home safely and, I, of course, knew you meant 6 PM...loved the harassment the others gave you...you deserved it. LOL Johnny Lane alma, co.:doorag:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ruthie and I send the same message as everybody else: Great meeting you and Dean. Out paths are bound to cross, particularly if you come to beautiful Colorado to ride our twisties and Hills (mountains). Glad to see you made it home safely and, I, of course, knew you meant 6 PM...loved the harassment the others gave you...you deserved it. LOL Johnny Lane alma, co.:doorag:
Hi Johnny,

I just took the time to look up Alma, CO.

OH MY GOODNESS..... We rolled through Alma, CO in June '03.

We were doing some day circles out of Pagosa Springs, decided to pack an over-night (left the trailers in Pagosa), and rode to Rocky MT Park. Going up we rode US 285, Co 24, some I-70, US 40, overnighted in Granby, completed the circle over the park, down Estes Park. When we hit I-70 riding south, the others wanted to ride a different ride south back to Pagosa Springs, so from I-70, we took CO 9 south to US 285, and US 160. (it's all good).

So I know I rolled through Alma, CO.

Sooo, why weren't you waiting near the side of the highway to wavy as I rolled by...??? LOL

Hope to see the two of you again real soon.....!!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
TTT Photos ?

Wilson,
Good to know you are S&S.

You did a great job on "directing traffic" in a small space ! :congrats:
Do you happen to know how and where we can find the Group photo with folks in it ???

Best,
Oneeyejack
Arlington, TX

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wilson,
Good to know you are S&S.

You did a great job on "directing traffic" in a small space ! :congrats:
Do you happen to know how and where we can find the Group photo with folks in it ???

Best,
Oneeyejack
Arlington, TX

Hi Jack,

Thanks. Now, what is S&S....???

JV & Tammy will probably make those group photos available in the near future. Probably on the http://texastriketours.com/ site.

I feel sure the announcment will be thorough.

See you soon....!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts