GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.facebook.com/tubcreekbbq/

When we moved to NW Missouri (Gallatin) 5 years ago, I spent many hours and long miles riding with new friends all over the state looking for some good BBQ. With their help, I was rewarded with many new tastes and experiences.

After all those thousands of miles traveled, I decided my favorite BBQ was located in Cameron MO. Tub Creek BBQ. Cameron is roughly 30+ miles north of Kansas City along I-35.

Shortly before we left MO one year ago, Tub Creek closed without notice. Not long ago, Tub Creek once again opened, but not until we had arrived in Arizona.

I would heartily suggest and recommend anyone in the Cameron area to try Tub Creek, as the eatin' is pretty darn good! There are several sauces available, sweet, and spicy. I liked the spicy as the sweet wasn't my thing.

I recently learned the demented minds at Tub Creek have come up yet another flavorful sauce, called Dragon's Breath, or something similar. It is kept in the kitchen and one must ask for it. What IS Dragon's Breath? Well, to say it's beyond "warm" is an understatement. Some good friends have tasted it and told me it'll definitely grab the end of your throat with ferocity, but so good once it passes the tongue!

I'll be back in the area several weeks from now, and I cannot wait to give Dragon's Breath a go!

Regardless, if my fellow mid-western riding buddies are in the Cameron area, or just need an RTE destination, you may wish to consider this little eatery.

Never had burnt ends before, and now I'm addicted to them...

Happy riding, my friends.

- David

·
Registered
433 Posts
David, nice hearing from you! I wondered where you went. we will have to try them out. when you said dragons breath i immediately thought about a guy I know....but then I read further and realized you were talking about BBQ Sauce!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chuck - we needed to move back to Arizona as my wife's health was not melding with the midwest humidity and frigid winter temps. Lots of new friends made, along with being able to reconnect with many family members from Texas to Michigan's UP and most everywhere else in between.

Okay, so what were YOU thinking when you read about the Dragon's Breath sauce? You opened the door (legal term), so now we need to know what you were imagining!

Kevin - weather's been pretty good all winter, at least by Arizona standards! I was working in the backyard a month ago stirring up some dirt prior to a shed installation. I did a pretty good job in getting a lot of dirt in my bronchi, which led to a multi-week episode of bronchitis and minor walking pneumonia.

Up until that point, I was riding at least once each week, followed up with many fly fishing excursions with elevations gains from 5,000 to 9,000 feet elevation.

Winter has set in with cold rain and some snow/hail the past 4 weeks, but this week looks fairly promising with mostly sunny skies with daytime temps in the upper 60's.

- David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts