GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Sept 10th, I will be hosting an MTF/IBA sponsored Saddlesore 1000 starting and ending at the TTT in Tucson. There are two routes available: 1)Standard route for new riders without an IBA number; 2) A more difficult in-state route for IBA certified riders. Successful completion earns you an IBA membership and other goodies. Full details at:

http://www.mctourer.com/rides/2011/Regional_SS1K/Tucson.html

Printable Flyer:
http://www.mctourer.com/rides/2011/Regional_SS1K/Tucson_Flyer.pdf

Regards,

Dorsey aka Skypig
Tucson, AZ

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Just curious, what is more difficult or easier. they are on the roads, are they not? Or do you need training wheels for the easier:tongue:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
We're putting together a SS1K up here in Phx (on another forum) for some of the folks that hadn't done this before and we're planning on 9/24 for the ride date. I'll pass this info on to them in case anyone might be interested.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re;ss1000

The in-state has quite a few miles of 2-lane rural roads which always results in longer times.

Skypig

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
We're putting together a SS1K up here in Phx (on another forum) for some of the folks that hadn't done this before and we're planning on 9/24 for the ride date. I'll pass this info on to them in case anyone might be interested.
I have a friend who wants to do a SS1K from Phx area, if you could let me know or link me to the info.

·
Registered
9,193 Posts
Maybe...

UPDATE: 7/16

Hmmm...now, here's a dilemma...Rockies Gold or this organized SS1k??

Chatted with the boss on this today; doesn't seem to be an issue with her (yaay!), and I know she wouldn't be able to do RG (couldn't get away from work during a busy time of year for her...), plus, not sure if I can talk her into doing this with me.

We've got a bit longer to make a final decision on this... :shock:

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Can't see doing the route for non-members. Boring. I wonder why they limit it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's an IBA rule! If you want to do the other, do an SS1000 on your own, get your IBA number and the doors are then open.

Regards,

Skypig

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Don't get your panties in a twist. I was just asking. It is a boring drive and that's a fact. Sorry it pushed your buttons.:lol:

·
Registered
9,193 Posts
Don't get your panties in a twist. I was just asking. It is a boring drive and that's a fact. Sorry it pushed your buttons.:lol:
I understand the concept...I'm not sure Skypig got all wound up about that. Since he's the ride coordinator, in association with IBA, that's their rulebook; I'm okay with that. I've seen the other route, and it looks like the route that the SWR board wants to do takes some of that route into consideration.

This easy route almost guarantees success. Google pluts this at 16.5 hours. Even if one was to take their time, doing this in under 18 hours should be do-able (average overall speed of 58mph...) by virtually anyone.

I'm still not too convinced I'm going to make it to RG :frown:; this would be a consolation ride for me, if I was to do this instead.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Looks like three people signed up..

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Dorsey,

I doubt I will do the ride but may have time to help if needed.

ken

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
On second thought...just looked at the in-state route....I'll ask the CinC if I can get away for the day, looks interesting.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts