GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had experience with Tulsa's new adjustable windshield plus 4 which is 1 1/2 " wider at bottom and 3" wider at top than original GL1800 windshield. I've been looking at this one and the Clearview which is 3" wider than stock. I have no experience with either of these. Thanks in advance for your comments. Doc

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I put the Tulsa +4 on four or five months ago....BIG difference...go with it.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
We have the Tulsa OEM +4 (Freedom Slide) shield on our trike and love it. My wife tells me that she is pleased with the way it protects her from most of the wind. I like it because it is adjustable .... even though I can't look over it at the lowest position. Vertically challenged ... :? Bottom line? Both my wife and I like the Tulsa and their customer service is outstanding. I will purchase another if I find I need another windshield in the future. :thumbup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I also put the Tulsa Freedom +4 tinted with vent on my trike and the wife and I love it. I ride with it up even solo and its quiet as a church mouse. I have always looked through my shields and doesn't bother me a bit.[only 5-8] As others have said the customer service is outstanding. They sent the regular size first, don't know if it was my fault or there's. Had the correct one 4 days later for the price of the reg size and a shipping label to send back the 1st one and a free bottle of cleaner. safe riding eyes5709

·
Registered
357 Posts
I purchased a clearview shield, installed it.. had major structural issues. flexing back in the wind etc.....

Purchased the Tulsa X-tall like I should have in the first place...
Love it... great installation and structurally sound. :thumbup:

I'd recommend Tulsa any day.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Been looking at the +4, the wife is tired of being beat up..would like to know what more wife's think....??

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Ive got a Tulsa +4 and the missus and I love it. When it gets hot out I just open the vent and the Bakers on the sides. Rolled through Tennessee and Oklahoma last summer with no problems.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Ive got a Tulsa +4 and the missus and I love it. When it gets hot out I just open the vent and the Bakers on the sides. Rolled through Tennessee and Oklahoma last summer with no problems.
thats what I got the wings,

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
tharris811,
Are you talking about an adjustable with vent, the tulsa tall or just unvented ones? Thanks. Doc
yes I would want a vent, but need it placed about a inch higher then the stock one is now...Tulas should be able to do that....when I talk with them a few years about ..they put them in.....have they stop...?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes I would want a vent, but need it placed about a inch higher then the stock one is now...Tulas should be able to do that....when I talk with them a few years about ..they put them in.....have they stop...?
Emmitt, Tulsa will do just the cut-out or install the vent. I have the vent and will get the cut-out windshield but my comment just related to tharris811 comment about being hot in summer. Surely with a vent and having mirror wings (which I have) it would not be hot in the summer any more than any other windshield. I called Tulsa and they said that they cut the vent hole a little higher than the stock shield (measured from the bottom of the shield). Doc

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Doc..as you know the last of July and Aug. it get so hot you can cook a egg on the road..Ch.5 news did it about 6 years a go on tv,..so two months out of a year I only ride at night...and it Kill's a lot of Bug's

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Special thanks to you guys with Tulsa +4 (Freedom Slider) and the comment on the Clearview. I ordered the Tulsa +4 with vent hole. Again thanks to all for comments on the shields. Doc

1 - 14 of 14 Posts