GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had experience with Tulsa's new adjustable windshield plus 4 which is 1 1/2 " wider at bottom and 3" wider at top than original GL1800 windshield. I've been looking at this one and the Clearview which is 3" wider than stock. I have no experience with either of these. Thanks in advance for your comments. Doc

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
I put the Tulsa +4 on four or five months ago....BIG difference...go with it.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
We have the Tulsa OEM +4 (Freedom Slide) shield on our trike and love it. My wife tells me that she is pleased with the way it protects her from most of the wind. I like it because it is adjustable .... even though I can't look over it at the lowest position. Vertically challenged ... :? Bottom line? Both my wife and I like the Tulsa and their customer service is outstanding. I will purchase another if I find I need another windshield in the future. :thumbup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I also put the Tulsa Freedom +4 tinted with vent on my trike and the wife and I love it. I ride with it up even solo and its quiet as a church mouse. I have always looked through my shields and doesn't bother me a bit.[only 5-8] As others have said the customer service is outstanding. They sent the regular size first, don't know if it was my fault or there's. Had the correct one 4 days later for the price of the reg size and a shipping label to send back the 1st one and a free bottle of cleaner. safe riding eyes5709

·
Registered
357 Posts
I purchased a clearview shield, installed it.. had major structural issues. flexing back in the wind etc.....

Purchased the Tulsa X-tall like I should have in the first place...
Love it... great installation and structurally sound. :thumbup:

I'd recommend Tulsa any day.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Been looking at the +4, the wife is tired of being beat up..would like to know what more wife's think....??

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but are they hot in the summer. seems like they would keep to much wind off you
tharris811,
Are you talking about an adjustable with vent, the tulsa tall or just unvented ones? Thanks. Doc

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Ive got a Tulsa +4 and the missus and I love it. When it gets hot out I just open the vent and the Bakers on the sides. Rolled through Tennessee and Oklahoma last summer with no problems.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Ive got a Tulsa +4 and the missus and I love it. When it gets hot out I just open the vent and the Bakers on the sides. Rolled through Tennessee and Oklahoma last summer with no problems.
thats what I got the wings,

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
tharris811,
Are you talking about an adjustable with vent, the tulsa tall or just unvented ones? Thanks. Doc
yes I would want a vent, but need it placed about a inch higher then the stock one is now...Tulas should be able to do that....when I talk with them a few years about ..they put them in.....have they stop...?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes I would want a vent, but need it placed about a inch higher then the stock one is now...Tulas should be able to do that....when I talk with them a few years about ..they put them in.....have they stop...?
Emmitt, Tulsa will do just the cut-out or install the vent. I have the vent and will get the cut-out windshield but my comment just related to tharris811 comment about being hot in summer. Surely with a vent and having mirror wings (which I have) it would not be hot in the summer any more than any other windshield. I called Tulsa and they said that they cut the vent hole a little higher than the stock shield (measured from the bottom of the shield). Doc

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Doc..as you know the last of July and Aug. it get so hot you can cook a egg on the road..Ch.5 news did it about 6 years a go on tv,..so two months out of a year I only ride at night...and it Kill's a lot of Bug's

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Special thanks to you guys with Tulsa +4 (Freedom Slider) and the comment on the Clearview. I ordered the Tulsa +4 with vent hole. Again thanks to all for comments on the shields. Doc

1 - 14 of 14 Posts