GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. For those that have suffered the frustration and anger of trying to follow the installation instructions to no avail. Here's what I did today in installing the belly pan on my GW. First, throw away the instructions! Second, connect the two pieces together prior to installing them. Third, remove all four ten mm nuts (two on each side of the lower engine fairing). Fourth, put bike in first gear (for safety reasons) and place on side stand on solid and level surface. Fifth, position belly pan underneath bike (need to be laying on the floor on the RH side of bike) and insert the front portion under the lip of the cowling and gently place the remaining pan underneath the bike being extra careful not to scratch the lower fairing with the edges of the pan. Sixth, install the two RH ten mm nuts ever so slightly onto the two RH studs(remembering to tighten them later). :) Seventh, place bike onto center stand (remembering to place transmission back into neutral). Eighth, once again and with tender loving care, position the pan underneath the lower fairing being careful not to scratch the lower fairing and install the two LH ten mm nuts. Ninth, promise not talk bad about Tulsa products or the people that make them. Tenth, *this* Bud's for You!

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Glad it worked well for ya !

Seems like you have all the angles covered.

I need to be more like you tho...

I tried installing mine as pictured below, NOW I know why it never fit!!

LOL !!!

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
n9frp said:

LOL !!!
Jerry, That's what you get for buying your jack from Sears. Any other brand would've allowed to make the installation easily! :wink:

Bob E.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
robeth said:
n9frp said:

LOL !!!
Jerry, That's what you get for buying your jack from Sears. Any other brand would've allowed to make the installation easily! :wink:

Bob E.
I've got a sears lift, and it worked fine. Jerry's problem is that he didn't remove the jack handle; it'll get in the way every time. :wink:

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Might I suggest adding another step. Running a piece of duck tape along the bottom of the lower fairing might keep from making a mistake and putting a scratch on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts