GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for an inexpensive extra tall windshield to try and see how my passenger (wife) would like it. I'm hoping to find Tulsa or similar, the one that is angled toward the back.

We have Optic Armor +4 windshield now and it is fine but she still have some wind buffeting and I'm trying to minimize that. However, I really don't want to spend all the money for a new extra tall windshield and found out it's no better than what we have now.

I'm hoping somebody upgraded to a different windshield and have an extra tall one sitting around in a garage, collecting dust. Even a scratched one will do, to try and see the difference in a wind protection and buffeting.

Please let me know if you have anything like that.... Thanks.

- something similar to attached photo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
We have a Tulsa Extra Tall windshield on our bike. Not looking to sell it, but if you’re located near the Los Angeles area I be more than willing to let you take a spin to see if it’s what you want. Also, bear in mind that Tulsa is no longer in business so obtaining one could be problematic. If I had to replace mine I’d probably look at a +4 windshield as that seems like the closest to the Tulsa Extra Tall.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have a Tulsa Extra Tall windshield on our bike. Not looking to sell it, but if you’re located near the Los Angeles area I be more than willing to let you take a spin to see if it’s what you want. Also, bear in mind that Tulsa is no longer in business so obtaining one could be problematic. If I had to replace mine I’d probably look at a +4 windshield as that seems like the closest to the Tulsa Extra Tall.
Thank you for the offer, very generous of you. But...I'm on the east coast.

We do have a +4 installed on our bike now. It works well but would like to try the Extra Tall to see would that be better for my wife.

Thanks again for your offer and best intentions.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thank you very much guys, I'm okay for now...Will try my Optic Armor windshield a bit more and see how is it working for my passenger (wife)... Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts