GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all...
Could I trouble somebody who has the Tulsa Handwings installed, to put up a pic or two of what they're supposed to look like installed.
Seems like when I try to install them, they press very hard against the rubber mirror boot.
They are labeled left and right, just having issues on the positioning in relation to the mirror boot and fairing.
The instructions supplied must be copied a million times, can't make out the picture.
Thanks, Art

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
They do rest against the mirror rubber boot, they are not made to be adjustable. I have them and can get a picture for you later.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:thumbup:
Hey thanks guys...
That's kind of where they ended up, but when I first put them on, I had them a little further forward, and they looked like they were going to cut the rubber boot in half.
I guess each set will be a tad different.
Hope they work well, had the Bakers on, and just didn't care for the look.
These look a little more 'built in'.
I really like the engraved ones that Tulsa has in his catalog.
Might get that done at Americade.
Thanks again:cool:

·
Registered
144 Posts
I run the Tulsa air wings under the mirrors and the Baker air wings on the fairing. I can keep alot of air off of me when I need to but I can also stay nice and cool when I want to as well.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I agree with Fred and liked the Baker hand wings just fine. But then, I replaced them with a set of Hella running lights. The additional lighting up of the road at night was more important to me.

I am not yet 100% happy with the mounting that I did, and as soon as I can locate some "custom" bolts (or fabricate something to work) I will enhance the mount. It works out OK for now, but they could potentially work a bit loose and come out of adjustment (i.e where the light beam is pointed) on a longer trip.

But yes, consider trying the Baker hand wings instead.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts