GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of the Tulsa Hot Foot wind deflectors today, I was a little disappointed to see that they are held on with two small springs. Do the springs actually hold these things on or should I put them on with zip ties?

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
Mine were installed 4 days ago.

1 day ago they were tested to an indicated 127 mph.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I've got more than 10,000 miles with mine installed with only the original springs,and they haven't come off.
I don't hit 125 too often,but have scraped them in the corners.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Tulsa Hot Feet

I been usin Tulsa Hot Feet for two or three seasons, in all kinds of weather all all kinds of speeds. If you got em put on right they won't come off till you take em off. Th springs don't hold em on, they are held on by slippin em under th front cowl & puttin th slot around th front crash bar. All th spring does is help hold th Hot Feet in position. Hot Feet are well worth th money IMO & work as advertised. Also, Alan of Tulsa Ent. & his wife are GOOD Folks. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hum, tookum off my 03 and put on new 04. Perhaps I din't put back right. Oh well there's always the destructions..........

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I love mine! Got about 20k on them (only cause I took them off for the summer), and never had a problem They work as advertized and haven't moved a bit.

You really can feel the heat on your toes once the bike warms up!

·
Registered
20,950 Posts
I bought a pair of hotfoots and they have worked well at keeping my feet warm. The easiest way I found to install them is slip the front part in behind the lower cowl and get the slot hooked over the crash bar, then hook the spring to the exhaust cover and the last thing is to engage the hook to the bottom of the exhaust cover. Less than one minute for each side with no tools needed. I used to use a pliers to hook the spring before I discovered the secret.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
40,000 miles on mine and I drag them quite often. Mcuh better than the Bakers that I kept breaking on my 1500.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Works fine

I don't have a twist tie or tie wrap holding mine on and I don't have a problem with them at all other than I scrape them all the time. I acutally have a hole worn in the middle of the left one :shock: . Looks like I'll be replacing them about every three years or so :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts