GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know this has been talked about before, But here is a plug..

I finally got mine thanks to HAL and his Christmas Sale (Thanks Hal) and Wow, I am very pleased. I just rode around the block to try them out and What a nice feeling. Just the right amount of warm air flowing past my feet and ankles. I can't wait for my next trip to Sedona!

They fit nice and install easy. I did add a piece of teflon tape to the exhaust covers to keep the springs from chaffing and scratching the paint.

They will come off in the summer.

Ken H

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
I want some for my 06 comfort bike.

PS STILL WAITING ALLEN

·
Registered
21,061 Posts
i've had a set of Tulsa hotfoot since about 2002, usually put them on in September and take them off in May, they work great, tried another brand first but the Tulsa hotfoot works much better

·
Registered
21,061 Posts
i've had a set of Tulsa hotfoot since about 2002, usually put them on in September and take them off in May, they work great, tried another cheaper brand first but the Tulsa hotfoot works much better

·
Registered
27 Posts
Tulsa Foot Warmers

Had my doubts about how well these would work, but was pleasantly suprised by how much warm air gets directed to the foot area. They are also about the easiest install for the Wing and are simple to remove when the weather improves, i.e. gets warmer. Will be in the 20's tonight but too much ice on the roads today for me to venture out on MC.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Can these be used with boards?

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
I have the Tulsas also.. but i find them a bit unattractive.. so I painted mine to match the lower cowls.. now they are not as noticable.. I dipped the springs in liquid plastic so they would not stratch the paint on the lower cowls...

cosmic

F

·
0 Posts
cosmic_chariot said:
I dipped the springs in liquid plastic so they would not stratch the paint on the lower cowls...

cosmic
That's a great idea. Does the plastic have enough "give" so the springs still function?

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Fatfenders said:
cosmic_chariot said:
I dipped the springs in liquid plastic so they would not stratch the paint on the lower cowls...

cosmic
That's a great idea. Does the plastic have enough "give" so the springs still function?
yes.. they still function ok..

cosmic

·
Registered
931 Posts
kbach said:
Can these be used with boards?
You can but if your feet are size 13 they do not work as well. I have to ride "bowlegged" to miss the shifter and that puts the toes in the cold air stream :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts