GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is better to reduce noise and buffeting with the Tulsa winshield. Now have the Bakers will try the Tulsa shortly.

Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
I've Been There

Joe I have run the Talsa windsheald with the Talsa Mirror Wings first and then the Baker Mirror Wings. The Baker Mirror wings offer much better cold weather protection and great "air conditioning" control in the summer.

As to the Wind Wings installed on the sides of the fairing, again Baker has a summer time advantage in controlling heat coming out of the upper radiator exits by moving the lower half into the radiator exit and deflecting the heat further out away from you legs. And you open the upper wing panel into the the wind to get cool air flow.

For passenger wind protection (only), both brands when closed off widen the wind protection envelop for the pax in the same manner.

For rider max control in hot or cold weather, the Baker products are best.

Arnie
Orange 02

·
Registered
823 Posts
I had the Baker wings on my 02 wing, didn't really like the look of them or the function so I let them go with the bike. I know have the Tulsa windshield and Baker mirror wings on my 04 and I really like that combo.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just put on the Baker Air wings. I am in TX, so this is more for air flow to cool me down. The separate panel to direct the heat from the radiator is great.

Hey Steve (SL_1800). Do you want to sell your 04 stock windshield?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts