GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the standard tulsa windshield tint with a vent. When i ordered it, there was no extra tall available. I'm 6 ft 3 with a long torso, the wind hits the top of my helmet. I'm considering ordering the extra tall and selling my standward windshield. I'm also considering with the extra tall that i probably will be bumping my head more getting on and off the bike. Allan installed the extra gasket on my bike which moved the windshield out of my face a bit. My question for you extra tall tulsa owners, do you have more of a tendency to bump your head with the extra tall shield?????
JD 8)

·
Registered
156 Posts
JD,
I am 6-5 and use the Tulsa extra tall. It took a bit of adjustment to keep from bonking my head but it is worth it when the wind slips over the top of the head AND my co-rider is happier. I also have a custom saddle, which is higher than stock, so I had to change the way I mount and dismount. But it is second nature now. And keeps me limber. Well worth the adjustments I had to make. Also consider adding the Tulsa mirror wings. My wife says they make a ton of difference and they cost less than $40, if I recall correctly. Simple to install -- no holes to drill.

·
Registered
185 Posts
tall

I just put my Tulsa ex-tall on this week. Yesterday was my first day to ride. I had read about "bumping the head" but after reading your post I realize that I had no tendency to do that. I mounted the bike just as I always do.
The only thing I noticed is a lot of wind noise around the vent. The 04 windshield use the OEM vent.
I never noticed the wind noise on my OEM shield so I am going to take a close look at it today.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts